In search of: SAIPAN JUNGLE FOWL

It's taken me close to 8months of searching and constant phone calls.I believe this is a weeding out process for those who would be satisfied with hatchery stock. And I AM on Ideals waiting list as well as two others.

I have two kids in good colleges,a daughter in high school. I'm off work as much as I'm able to work.Buying the Saipan meant fold over sandwiches for a week at lunch.I'm in Southeast Texas,I get rained out when the storms hit.I've located a breeder of Oshamo and of Malays in North Carolina Who has Shamo 32"tall.I'm saving my money now to make the trip. Over 1000 miles. Over a week's pay.The breeders are out there.
It takes hard work and dedication to reach them. So far the ones I've met are very selective about who they will sell birds to. This is an act of love for them. They spend huge amounts of time and money on their birds.Keep that in mind. It's not Wal-Mart. That would be the hatcheries

Last edited:
I've had horrible hatches. I had an idea it was the humidity. He confirmed this.if you all ready have 55% Or higher, (which I do )ambient humidity.Then putting water IN the incubator drowns them. They would internal pip.then die.

Next hatch I do. I'm going by the humidity levels in the house. Right now they are 60%.no water. I know a lot of people may disagree. Thing is a hen has no control over the environment.It works for him ( Mr.Landry). I'm going to give it a try.

Last edited:
I'm in New Mexico so humidity is near to non-existent in the winter here. So hopefully that will even things out for me. If we do breakdown and get an incubator, we're going with the Little Giant with turbo fan and egg turner. I'm not playing around if we start hatching again. :)

Back
Top Bottom