Increasing humidity with kebonnixs incubator

Hello all. I have the Kebonnix incubator and started lockdown yesterday 4/24. I have not been able to get my humidity above 58% after filling both sides and vents fully open. I’ve read multiple posts on how to increase humidity with a wet sponge or paper towel. Does anyone happen to have an example of this in a pic as to where they placed it? Just on top of the water chamber or inside?

Also, at this point will it affect the hatching with the dramatic change in temp from opening the top to adjust this?

Thank you all for your feedback!
Ok we have one that hatched!! Now will this little guy affect the others from hatching being so close to each other and moving the orientation of the other chicks who haven’t hatched??

Attachments

• IMG_5586.jpeg
    IMG_5586.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
I had a light Brahma roo hatch in February that was like a wrecking ball in the incubator. He knocked all the other eggs around and was very active. I took him out as soon as he started to dry because he was so spunky! It didn’t seem to bother the other chicks too much though. 9/12 hatched that time

I had a light Brahma roo hatch in February that was like a wrecking ball in the incubator. He knocked all the other eggs around and was very active. I took him out as soon as he started to dry because he was so spunky! It didn’t seem to bother the other chicks too much though. 9/12 hatched that time
Yes that is what one of these little guys are a wrecking ball!! This is my first time hatching so any feedback helps! And I figure if they were hatched naturally eggs would be used to being knocked around a bit..?!

Yes that is what one of these little guys are a wrecking ball!! This is my first time hatching so any feedback helps! And I figure if they were hatched naturally eggs would be used to being knocked around a bit..?!
Hi, if they were hatched naturally that would in the nest. The nest has a curve and is filled with …… dirt, branches, leafs, grass, straw, moms feathers and so on. That keeps eggs steady compared to the incubator. That and the fact that hatched chick would pretty quickly seek moms body for warmth and comfort.

Hello all. I have the Kebonnix incubator and started lockdown yesterday 4/24. I have not been able to get my humidity above 58% after filling both sides and vents fully open. I’ve read multiple posts on how to increase humidity with a wet sponge or paper towel. Does anyone happen to have an example of this in a pic as to where they placed it? Just on top of the water chamber or inside?

Also, at this point will it affect the hatching with the dramatic change in temp from opening the top to adjust this?

Thank you all for your feedback!
It has two sides to fill? Is the other round part need to be filled also? It seems like it would over flow into that reservoir, but I don’t want to mess anything up.

It has two sides to fill? Is the other round part need to be filled also? It seems like it would over flow into that reservoir, but I don’t want to mess anything up.
Yes.

If you are struggling to get humidity up, OP said vents were fully opened. Closing the vents a bit is going to increase the humidity. You want ventilation, but you don't need them opened entirely.

Back
Top Bottom