Incubating 1 Egg! Hatch Along With Me! Need A Hatching Buddy!

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
X2!!! They are so....FLUFFYINESS!

I just put two Barred Rock eggs in the bator' would've been three but the other egg was laid by a hen who has crossbeak....I don't particularly want to pass on that gene if it's genetic. .
roll.png

I don't think your crossed peaked hen will pass on that genentic on to her babies. Or at least I don't think so!
tongue.png

I'm not sure so I guess I just wanna be safe.
lol.png
I might incubate one of her eggs just to see....cause it might be passable and it might not...I have no clue honestly.
tongue.png

Quote:
I don't think your crossed peaked hen will pass on that genentic on to her babies. Or at least I don't think so!
tongue.png

I'm not sure so I guess I just wanna be safe.
lol.png
I might incubate one of her eggs just to see....cause it might be passable and it might not...I have no clue honestly.
tongue.png

I would incubate it and see. Never can tell!
tongue.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Quote:
Yah! So you decided to stick the other one it?

Yep
smile.png
I guess I'll never know if it's genetic (most likely not) if I don't try. Hehe, I hope these 4 that I've gathered so far are fertile
lol.png
All that time and effort getting the bator ready and getting the temperature right....all for infertile eggs
roll.png

Quote:
Yah! So you decided to stick the other one it?

Yep
smile.png
I guess I'll never know if it's genetic (most likely not) if I don't try. Hehe, I hope these 4 that I've gathered so far are fertile
lol.png
All that time and effort getting the bator ready and getting the temperature right....all for infertile eggs
roll.png

What day are they on?

Good morning all
smile.png

Well we candled last night. started with 24 eggs
Pulled 5 out with no development
And another 4 look like they have a ring of death
sad.png

But we've left them in and will pull them next candling if they haven't grown an more.

Was kinda funny as they still looked at the same stage as all the others.

We are hoping that we're wrong.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I have some sad, sad new guys! I candled Fluffy's egg and I think it DIED!
hit.gif

hugs.gif
If it really is dead, I'm sorry for your loss of such a young little special life.
hugs.gif
I candled my 4 BR eggs and 2 look fertile and are developing nicely, while 2 I can't really see clearly through yet. (They are on Day 6) I now have 7 BR eggs in the bator', including those 4.

Best of luck to everyone's hatching!
hugs.gif
fl.gif

How do you know for sure if the egg is dead?
hu.gif

The good news is that the 12 guinea eggs I stuck under a broody this morning all have little keets growing in them! ( Like I NEED more guineas ... )

Back
Top Bottom