Incubating Muscovy Eggs Progress

clap.gif
good luck! How many are in there? Can't wait to see them.
Just the 5
smile.png
I bought 6 to begin with, but one quit at day 2 or 3.
I'm going to be busy for the rest of the week, I'm betting they will hatch when I'm not home. How long can the babies stay in the bator for after hatch? mines very small...

Just the 5
smile.png
I bought 6 to begin with, but one quit at day 2 or 3.
I'm going to be busy for the rest of the week, I'm betting they will hatch when I'm not home. How long can the babies stay in the bator for after hatch? mines very small...

Some say they are ok for a day or two. Personally, I get mine out anywhere from 1-6 hours.

As long as they hatch ok (like with no unabsorbed yolk), and nothing in there to hurt them (open water dishes, uncovered fans, etc), they should be ok for several hours, at least.

I spoke too soon!! Day 32 today, and we officially have an internal pip! I repeat, an internal pip!!! It's the egg that was further along than the rest, at first when I candled him I didn't see anything, maybe I didn't check properly... and then while I was checking another egg, I suddenly heard this faint clicking sound, tried to figure out where it was coming from and then picked it up and saw his bill inside! he started cheeping when I was talking, and he is now tapping on the shell! Lockdown is officially in place...
celebrate.gif
I am so excited, but so so nervous at the same time, worrying he might drown, or get stuck.. anything could go wrong! fingers crossed by tonight the little one arrives, because I'll be at work tomorrow all day. I want to be here for it all.

@Miss Lydia
@Ren2014
@WVduckchick

Awesome! :clap

And great pic! But remember, 24 hours from internal to external, and 24 hours from external to hatch, is not uncommon. So it could still be while.

Awesome!
clap.gif

And great pic! But remember, 24 hours from internal to external, and 24 hours from external to hatch, is not uncommon. So it could still be while.

@Blacklotus this is so exciting. Like @WVduckchick says you got a long way to go so try not to get impatient. Can't wait to see the lil one!!!

I will try my best not to get too impatient
smile.png
i'm surprisingly not glued to the incubator, I've been pretty busy today so that is helping me stay sane.
Will keep you all updated on any news
fl.gif

We have 2 external pips, this pip in the photo is from an egg that was the furthest behind! I don't even understand how he's pipped, he wasn't even internally pipped this morning. So it was a surprise to see so much shell broken off from this one! I can't see much movement in the eggs, I would love to check the progress of them all but I don't want to open the bator and risk shrink wrapping :( :(

We have 2 external pips, this pip in the photo is from an egg that was the furthest behind! I don't even understand how he's pipped, he wasn't even internally pipped this morning. So it was a surprise to see so much shell broken off from this one! I can't see much movement in the eggs, I would love to check the progress of them all but I don't want to open the bator and risk shrink wrapping :( :(

Any progress today @Blacklotus ?

Back
Top Bottom