Incubating Muscovy Eggs Progress

We have 2 external pips, this pip in the photo is from an egg that was the furthest behind! I don't even understand how he's pipped, he wasn't even internally pipped this morning. So it was a surprise to see so much shell broken off from this one! I can't see much movement in the eggs, I would love to check the progress of them all but I don't want to open the bator and risk shrink wrapping :( :(

They don't always internally pip first. In that one's case, pipping downward, it didn't even use the air cell. Straight to external pip.

Good luck!!
fl.gif

I am so sorry for the late progress update guys! I've been super busy with my daughters birthday today, it's been a busy week. It's day 34 today, and some wonderful and exciting news, we have a newby added to the family. Only one has hatched so far, and it's the egg that was furthest along than all the rest. The one in the previous picture with the downwards pip is still struggling hatching, looks a bit weak, i've tried chipping back some shell to help with the pushing, but time will tell. The 3 other eggs have no external pips yet at all, but have started rocking and will surely pip soon! I can see some yellow spots where the pip might have started.

So for now, here is my little ball of joy. I have been walking around holding him in my chest, he sleeps peacefully in there, I don't want him to be alone!
If it's a male, his name will be Bruiser, if it's a girl... I would love her to be named Gracie
love.gif
how do you sex muscovies? and what colour would you say this little one will be? I was thinking black and white?

@Miss Lydia
@WVduckchick
@Ren2014
~~~

@Blacklotus That is one cute baby scovy. Congrats!! I wouldn't try and sex the lil one only way you can tell at this age is by vent sexing and if your not skilled it can cause serious injury to the lil one. So you just have to do like the rest and wait.
wink.png
No matter what sex you have a new baby!!
woot.gif

Hope the rest hatch as well.

I am so sorry for the late progress update guys! I've been super busy with my daughters birthday today, it's been a busy week. It's day 34 today, and some wonderful and exciting news, we have a newby added to the family. Only one has hatched so far, and it's the egg that was furthest along than all the rest. The one in the previous picture with the downwards pip is still struggling hatching, looks a bit weak, i've tried chipping back some shell to help with the pushing, but time will tell. The 3 other eggs have no external pips yet at all, but have started rocking and will surely pip soon! I can see some yellow spots where the pip might have started.

So for now, here is my little ball of joy. I have been walking around holding him in my chest, he sleeps peacefully in there, I don't want him to be alone!
If it's a male, his name will be Bruiser, if it's a girl... I would love her to be named Gracie
love.gif
how do you sex muscovies? and what colour would you say this little one will be? I was thinking black and white?

@Miss Lydia
@WVduckchick
@Ren2014
~~~
CONGRATULATIONS!
wee.gif
So happy for you. It's hard to tell what color when they are still wet. I was going to guess closer to blue pied. I'm not real good with colors though, lol. What colors are your adults?
fl.gif
for the remaining eggs.

Thankyou everyone!
hugs.gif

The little weak chick finally pulled through lastnight and hatched. He is still weak though, not as strong as my first little one, but he seems happy enough.. the two love to cuddle. I also have 3 external pips from the other eggs now, so hopefully within the next couple days they arrive safe and sound aswell.

~~~

n
ewest hatchling on the right ^

3 pips from the other eggs

The rest of the babies have made it!
All 5 babies have entered the world
wee.gif

Super happy and proud of them all. I'm also glad my cheap incubator did the job, everything went perfectly, I had no major issues (apart from the humidity) and the bator stayed strong for the whole 5 weeks. Pretty good for a cheapy! With having 6 eggs to start with, but one never forming.. I had 100% hatch rate.
I have already picked the two cute and fluffies that I would like to keep here at home with me, the two that were first to come, with the black patches on them. I've grown attached to them, always walking around with them in my shirt, lol. The newest and last to arrive is interesting, he has a lot of black and dark colours.. he is at the top of the photo on his own, he just hatched couple mins before this pic. I'm wondering if he's even a muscovy, or will he just be a dark/black muscovy? I will upload better pics of them all tomorrow once the newbies have dried completely.

~~~

Last edited:
The rest of the babies have made it!
All 5 babies have entered the world
wee.gif

Super happy and proud of them all. I'm also glad my cheap incubator did the job, everything went perfectly, I had no major issues (apart from the humidity) and the bator stayed strong for the whole 5 weeks. Pretty good for a cheapy! With having 6 eggs to start with, but one never forming.. I had 100% hatch rate.
I have already picked the two cute and fluffies that I would like to keep here at home with me, the two that were first to come, with the black patches on them. I've grown attached to them, always walking around with them in my shirt, lol. The newest and last to arrive is interesting, he has a lot of black and dark colours.. he is at the top of the photo on his own, he just hatched couple mins before this pic. I'm wondering if he's even a muscovy, or will he just be a dark/black muscovy? I will upload better pics of them all tomorrow once the newbies have dried completely.

~~~

Oh my goodness How wonderful 100% Congratulations!!!! They are all adorable no telling what colors they change so much over the course of weeks. All but the solid yellow if they have no other color they most likely will be all white with blue eyes.

Such precious babies. You already have homes for the ones your not keeping?

Back
Top Bottom