Incubating peafowl eggs thread

Personally I prefer letting fresh air in twice a day, even if I am not adding water. I didn't really get to use my new Sportsman for much this year, I set 1 batch of 4 eggs in it start to finish. Got 1 chick so 25% hatch rate, the others were done in the old foam hovabator, 75% hatch rate from that one.
th.gif
Obviously I need to get to know my Sportsman a lot better.
I'm also doing the same now, but thought about how broody chickens don't leave the nest the last 3 days so the eggs don't get dry, how much your humidity will drop when you open your incubator?

Mine will get in the 30's quickly and i'm afraid this what make the chicks get dried quickly.

I'm also doing the same now, but thought about how broody chickens don't leave the nest the last 3 days so the eggs don't get dry, how much your humidity will drop when you open your incubator?

Mine will get in the 30's quickly and i'm afraid this what make the chicks get dried quickly.

I move mine into a foam incubator that I use as a hatcher for the last 3 days. The humidity in there is 70-80%, so when I do open it, it only drops to about 55%, and rebounds quickly. The opening the door for fresh air I do during the first 24 days.

I move mine into a foam incubator that I use as a hatcher for the last 3 days. The humidity in there is 70-80%, so when I do open it, it only drops to about 55%, and rebounds quickly. The opening the door for fresh air I do during the first 24 days.

I forgot to mention that I move the eggs to a styrofoam incubator the last 3 days to hatch.

55% isn't bad, i'm trying to open the door less than i used to do but it will still drop below 50%.

Hi please advise for peafowl eggs i am using 50%-55% humidity for first 25 days then shifting eggs to hatcher where i raise the humidity to 65%-70% does this sound correct as a local who also hatches peafowl says humidity should be 80% during the whole 26-28 days of incubation please advise

55% is a good number to shoot for, too high and the eggs don't lose enough moisture making it difficult to almost impossible for them to hatch. I have gone to very high humidity during hatch and it is working great. I start with about 80% and while they hatch they bring it up to max, around 99%. I am seeing less hatching problems and have only had to put shoes on one chick out of around 80 so far this year.

55% is a good number to shoot for, too high and the eggs don't lose enough moisture making it difficult to almost impossible for them to hatch. I have gone to very high humidity during hatch and it is working great. I start with about 80% and while they hatch they bring it up to max, around 99%. I am seeing less hatching problems and have only had to put shoes on one chick out of around 80 so far this year.

I went to 75% the whole time. I used aGQF cabinet incubator and a GQF hatcher. I had a 70% hatch rate!

Back
Top Bottom