Incubating Question

I do but my don't have a hole and I use small jars or bowls for water it make it easier for adding water.

Last edited:
I have small bowls in mine so I'm thinking the temperature thing in there that reads humidity is wrong them cause I always make sure there is water and it show 37%. I'm at day 16 so I may go to pet store and buy a humidity thing

Do u have the little giant incubator from tractor supply. If so do u have a small hole under it as mine keeps leaking water out and the humidity only at 37%
Is the wter in the wells?? THe well will hold the water, the bottom has oles of fresh air to enter, and that area should not have water put in it . YOu can get clever and put in a sponge-- I have done that to my LG and tip the incibator slightly to keep all water at the lowest edge.

I can get to 80% in my LG for turkeys.

Takes a little work to understand how to get it there.

I have small bowls in mine so I'm thinking the temperature thing in there that reads humidity is wrong them cause I always make sure there is water and it show 37%. I'm at day 16 so I may go to pet store and buy a humidity thing
37% seems normal with water and 1-2 open plugs. TO get higher humidity takes MORE sponges in water jars-- I use 4, one ineach corner.

37% is likely to be too much duringhte incubation period unless you are in a very dry area-- have you check the eggs for proper increase in air cell size??

It's just gotten up to 31% around day 15. Before it was only at 16%. I think the increase is due to rain theist few days. Air cell looks good based in research I have done. Have an egg moving in turner so that was neat to see. This is my first time as I normally let hens sit on them but thought I would try something different.

It's just gotten up to 31% around day 15. Before it was only at 16%. I think the increase is due to rain theist few days. Air cell looks good based in research I have done. Have an egg moving in turner so that was neat to see. This is my first time as I normally let hens sit on them but thought I would try something different.
sounds good!!! Turely a different experience to have them close at hand to watchi over! Much more personal.

Back
Top Bottom