Incubating Shipped Eggs

Two weeks old and starting to show their colors! They're the least cuddly chicks I've had, but I'm hoping they'll get friendly when they hit puberty. That seems to be what happens with my other chickens.

So cute! Which is which? I see some willow colored legs and a pretty white and grey one that looks a little boyish.

I received some shipped eggs and I have let them set for 48 hours and candled them before putting them in the incubator.
I don't even see an air cell, they were individually wrapped in bubble wrap. Wrapped and packaged extremely well - did they over do it?
Don't eggs need oxygen? Did they smother?

I received some shipped eggs and I have let them set for 48 hours and candled them before putting them in the incubator. 
I don't even see an air cell, they were individually wrapped in bubble wrap.  Wrapped and packaged extremely well - did they over do it?

Don't eggs need oxygen?  Did they smother? 

The smaller the air cell the better. Means the eggs are fresh :) I put my blue cochin eggs in last Thursday evening. Should hatch on Christmas Day. Maybe a few on Christmas Eve.

I got four Bresse to hatch out on Christmas and eight more after New Years. BARBEZIEUX, TOO.

Back
Top Bottom