Incubating Shipped Eggs

get a thermometer,with the plastic on bottom to help keep them on top of eggs.They show them on this forum.I have about 6, they all read the same.Try www.miller-MFG.COM.They are about 6 bucks each.I did have 2 that were broken when I got them.

I too am incubating shipped eggs....but i think im doing everything wrong.
Error #1....I received my eggs before i got the styrofoam incubator.
Error# 2 ...my son wiped the eggs clean....
Error number 3.... Not sure about humidity

Uuugggghhhh

I too am incubating shipped eggs....but i think im doing everything wrong.
Error #1....I received my eggs before i got the styrofoam incubator.
Error# 2 ...my son wiped the eggs clean....
Error number 3.... Not sure about humidity

Uuugggghhhh

You still have a chance for a good hatch. I run my humidity between 30 and 40% for most of the hatch. Measuring your air cells helps determine the humidity. Typically measure at day 7, 14 and 18. I live in N. Idaho and air is pretty dry here right now. Humidity does have to do with where you live and what the air outside is like and where your incubator is located. Good luck, keep us updated :)

Update: It's day 13 and I ended up candling today because I'm going to be gone all weekend. Next candle will be Tuesday evening. I am down to 20 eggs out of 41. I did see a foot tonight, that was cool, never seen that before. The air cells look pretty good although they haven't grown much since day 10. I'll post pictures when I candle on day 18.

Update: It's day 13 and I ended up candling today because I'm going to be gone all weekend. Next candle will be Tuesday evening. I am down to 20 eggs out of 41. I did see a foot tonight, that was cool, never seen that before. The air cells look pretty good although they haven't grown much since day 10. I'll post pictures when I candle on day 18.

Hey Hawk! What happened with the other 21 eggs? Clears, quitters, red rings? Have the air cells all firmed up? When you get back on Monday, check the air cell growth and if you're not happy with it, run dry. You definitely do not have to "lockdown" on day 18. I rarely do anymore. (I would of air cells were to large). I wait until I see the air cells start to "draw down". Usually day 19-20, then lockdown.

Hey Hawk! What happened with the other 21 eggs? Clears, quitters, red rings? Have the air cells all firmed up? When you get back on Monday, check the air cell growth and if you're not happy with it, run dry. You definitely do not have to "lockdown" on day 18. I rarely do anymore. (I would of air cells were to large). I wait until I see the air cells start to "draw down". Usually day 19-20, then lockdown.

Good to know, thank you! I had a number of clears on the 21, some had blood rings and 3 died later than that :(

Back
Top Bottom