Incubating Swan Eggs

BayGoose

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 2, 2012
PA
I just set mute swan eggs in my incubator yesterday and wanted to know if anyone else here successfully hatched swans? For now I'm just treating them as I would with goose eggs. I'll start cooling and misting in a week. I'm not getting my hopes up but want to try my best. Also, my brinsea incubators are currently stuffed with eggs. I had to scramble to buy another bator and settled with the hovabator genesis 1588 for now. I've had great success with my brinseas, even with notoriously hard to hatch eggs. I have no experience with the genesis but it does have an electric thermostat. Should I trust it with swan eggs? Advice anyone? :-x

Last edited:
Well, the genesis is working beautifully so far and that's where they're staying till I get my r-com pro. I have four thermometers in it lol. Candled the swan eggs last night and I can make out embryos along with some veining. Little harder to candle than goose eggs. Anyone like to follow along? Wish me luck. I really want these guys to hatch. I've been hatching birds for 15 years but this is my first attempt with swans.

I would love to follow along! I have never hatched swan eggs but that is something I like to do in the future, so by keeping us updated, I will know what to do when I one day get decide to get swans. Good luck with your hatch.

How many swan eggs do you have in your incubator? Also, are the eggs from your swans or did you buy the eggs?

Sorry that I was not much help...

I would love to follow along!  I have never hatched swan eggs but that is something I like to do in the future, so by keeping us updated, I will know what to do when I one day get decide to get swans.  Good luck with your hatch.

How many swan eggs do you have in your incubator?  Also, are the eggs from your swans or did you buy the eggs?

X2. I love swans!

Well, the genesis is working beautifully so far and that's where they're staying till I get my r-com pro. I have four thermometers in it lol. Candled the swan eggs last night and I can make out embryos along with some veining. Little harder to candle than goose eggs. Anyone like to follow along? Wish me luck. I really want these guys to hatch. I've been hatching birds for 15 years but this is my first attempt with swans.
Good luck with the swan eggs, btw you will love the r-com bator, i have two and love them.

I would love to follow along!  I have never hatched swan eggs but that is something I like to do in the future, so by keeping us updated, I will know what to do when I one day get decide to get swans.  Good luck with your hatch.

How many swan eggs do you have in your incubator?  Also, are the eggs from your swans or did you buy the eggs?

I have two eggs. And I bought these. Had them overnighted to me via FedEx and they arrived in perfect condition. I'll be sure to keep updating!

Good luck with the swan eggs, btw you will love the r-com bator, i have two and love them.

Thanks! My r-com is suppose to arrive tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Here's a pic of the eggs. I like sharing pictures :) :)

Like I said, I'm treating them as I treat my goose eggs. After a week of incubation, I started misting them with warm water and cooling them for about 30 mins every day. When I candled them days ago, I could make out some nice veining. But now when I candle, it's much harder to see as it's all dark now. They are much harder to candle in general. We are on day 14. I believe mutes have a 35-38 incubation period from what I've read. I hope they make it. These are my most interesting (and stressful) eggs to attempt to hatch thus far. I'm hoping to move them into the r-com incubator tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom