INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, I have a silkie Roo that isn't interested in the ladies, but he's not interested in the other roos either.  He's older than the other roos.  He doesn't crow.  I've been hoping he's just shy and only goes after the girls when we aren't looking....

Glad yours decided to live the girls as well!!
:gig I think the silkie breed is just confused. I love em but I don't think they're to smart. Which could be the reason I love the pitiful little things. Mine honestly stands out in the rain and looks confused. I have to go pick him up and put him in the coop.

gig.gif
I think the silkie breed is just confused. I love em but I don't think they're to smart. Which could be the reason I love the pitiful little things. Mine honestly stands out in the rain and looks confused. I have to go pick him up and put him in the coop.
Same here. I have other hens that run into a corner, but they turn around and run out. The Silkies (most of them) will run into a corner and continue to smash themselves into the corner....they will never choose to turn around and run back out. They do NOT come in out of the rain. It's so rarely rains here, that I just thought they didn't know what it was....

But they are so cute, and fluffy. The A-sexual roo is the friendliest. Likes to be picked up. The girls spend 3 weeks between going broody. The boys haven't tried to sit on the nests. The hens do co parent when there are 2 that go broody. They fight over the eggs, steal them when the other goes out to eat. They are bizarre but adorable.

I added some quick, and one has pipped!! OMG it is going to happen
Congratulations!

I finally finished cleaning the coop, collecting eggs, cleaning and filling food and water containers, giving the dog and I a shower and now I am picking out any remaining splinters. I managed to break the rake in half. That was fun!
tongue.png
To remove splinters, put wood glue on area cover with masking tape, let dry 30 minutes or so. Take tape off, splinters and most glue should adhere to masking tape. It has to be masking tape as it is made from wood fibers.

Very nice Banti!
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom