INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy man! Hope it works out for the best with your buzzers. I have 12 cooking, day 14, 7 viable this morning.

I put about 40 in initially and then set some 2 more times. I had 60 in a LG at one point. I think I've pulled about 15. Some were quite old when I set them, but I wanted to replace some of my best layers the raccoons killed.

LOL, never thought about those cars, but yes, that's it exactly! I lost my dominant roo a few weeks ago and some of his children were starting to get bossy, but I culled 3 of them last Sunday. This roo does spend all his time hanging out with some of the hens, and is super friendly to all the babies in the coop. They all get along now. Here is some of my crew before I culled the 3. The roo is the white one that is looking kind of chubby in this photo. The white hen is going through a molt and looking horrible!!
Awwwww. The white roo looks like my q-tip. That his name. I fell in love with that breed when I got him. I have some mixes but I'm gonna have to get me a few hens from the breeder that I got him from.

Last edited:
I have 5 chicks out! 4 brown eggs - I thought were silkies, but 2 of them are yellow and NOT silkies. 1 out of a dark green egg. So, I think at least 3 are are from my EE Roo in the teenage pen.

Yay!!!
jumpy.gif

LOL, never thought about those cars, but yes, that's it exactly! I lost my dominant roo a few weeks ago and some of his children were starting to get bossy, but I culled 3 of them last Sunday. This roo does spend all his time hanging out with some of the hens, and is super friendly to all the babies in the coop. They all get along now. Here is some of my crew before I culled the 3. The roo is the white one that is looking kind of chubby in this photo. The white hen is going through a molt and looking horrible!!
Awwwww. The white roo looks like my q-tip. That his name. I fell in love with that breed when I got him. I have some mixes but I'm gonna have to get me a few hens from the breeder that I got him from.
All this talk of silkies is making me want to get some more even though I have only had mine 1 day.

All this talk of silkies is making me want to get some more even though I have only had mine 1 day.
LOL They are so cute and fluffy. I only had 1 splash hatch, and it's TINY. It's from Christmas and still half the size of the other babies her age. I also have a young frilkie in there. There is a buff with a black head is super cute baby also. All 3 of those were shipped eggs.

I say you can never have too many silkies!!!

LOL  They are so cute and fluffy.  I only had 1 splash hatch, and it's TINY.  It's from Christmas and still half the size of the other babies her age.  I also have a young frilkie in there.  There is a buff with a black head is super cute baby also.  All 3 of those were shipped eggs.

I say you can never have too many silkies!!!

They definitely are cute and fluffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom