INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes.
Congratulations to the hatcher though I am sorry @Chaos18 yours did not finish better. @jwlpoultry pheasant, @gbartha:woot, @Jessimom how about the last Serma? @Monstro :celebrate great first hatch!
@jenniferlamar70 Glad your day fourteen candeling looked good :fl.
@jwlpoultry Here's wishing you calm and clarity of mind for your speech. I hope your trip goes well.
@mlm Mike Glad your class went well.
@kwhites634 Glad your weedeatinv is done. I have the hand, bit I can't make the bloody things run.
@BantyChooksSorry for Annie and the other chick that died. She had a short life, but if you had not helped her she would never have seen anything but a shell much less a bug. :hugs
@MotorcycleChickThanks for the greetings and the duck and Duckling updates that give smiles.
@Ur-ur-ur-urrr Beautiful chicks. How are the other two? Good luck finishing the deck and runs. The chores never end.
@Akrnaf2Have you survived exams? Thanks for the language (circumcision/names) humor break.
@LocalYokel Thanks for stopping in, don't work too hard.
@canadachickens@ChickenCanoeSorry I missed you.
@DwayneNLizWelcome to the slap brigade, and your right they should not be ;)
@Sally SunshineGreat to hear from you!

If I missed you sorry two days and thirty pages I got lost.
I have been fencing, sold cockerels at the swap, rode my horse yesterday, fenced some more, and am trying to decide which pack trip I am going on to the Tetons and Yellowstone next year. Anybody want to come???

:hugs

Here goes.
Congratulations to the hatcher though I am sorry @Chaos18 yours did not finish better. @jwlpoultry pheasant, @gbartha:woot, @Jessimom how about the last Serma? @Monstro :celebrate great first hatch!
@jwlpoultry Here's wishing you calm and clarity of mind for your speech. I hope your trip goes well.
@kwhites634 Glad your weedeatinv is done. I have the hand, bit I can't make the bloody things run.
@BantyChooksSorry for Annie and the other chick that died. She had a short life, but if you had not helped her she would never have seen anything but a shell much less a bug. :hugs
@MotorcycleChickThanks for the greetings and the duck and Duckling updates that give smiles.
@Ur-ur-ur-urrr Beautiful chicks. How are the other two? Good luck finishing the deck and runs. The chores never end.
@Akrnaf2Have you survived exams? Thanks for the language (circumcision/names) humor break.

I have been fencing, sold cockerels at the swap, rode my horse yesterday, fenced some more, and am trying to decide which pack trip I am going on to the Tetons and Yellowstone next year. Anybody want to come???
Holy smokes batman!
I'm glad you had a good couple of days and got to go for a ride :hugs !!!

Here goes.

Thank you. :hugs

Me!! I wanna come! :ya
-Banti

@TJChickens 4 out and waiting on 2 to zip, two DIS in shell zipping ughhhh I didnt catch them in time!

OH well you better win cause we are routing for you lol
Congrats on the hatchlings

Here goes.
Congratulations to the hatcher though I am sorry @Chaos18 yours did not finish better. @jwlpoultry pheasant, @gbartha
woot.gif
, @Jessimom how about the last Serma? @Monstro
celebrate.gif
great first hatch!
@jenniferlamar70 Glad your day fourteen candeling looked good
fl.gif
@BantyChooks Sorry for Annie and the other chick that died. She had a short life, but if you had not helped her she would never have seen anything but a shell much less a bug.
hugs.gif

@MotorcycleChick Thanks for the greetings and the duck and Duckling updates that give smiles.
@Akrnaf2 Have you survived exams? Thanks for the language (circumcision/names) humor break.
@canadachickens @ChickenCanoe Sorry I missed you.
@DwayneNLiz Welcome to the slap brigade, and your right they should not be
wink.png

@Sally Sunshine Great to hear from you!

Thanks. Have you gone on a pack trip to either place before?

coolerbator building is daunting, i am good with numbers but i see me killing some more unsuspecting eggs
Liz I would get a wafer thermostat just sayin!

Hi all!
I made Sally Sunshine's DIY cabinet incubator back in the late winter, and have been running it steady ever since.
It's worked great, up until recently when we started to have temps in the 80s. We don't have AC, just run fans when
necessary.
The thermostat is a ST-1000 with a probe for what regulates the temperature.
So It overheated to 42*C & 44*C (according to the thermostat) - and it was set for 37.5 originally, then I lowered it to 37.0.
Even though the light bulbs (heat source) rarely turn on, it's seemingly holding them temperature of the eggs & then it starts to climb.
I moved the thermostat probe closer to the lights & kept the door ajar, and it's seeming to help. But, the temperature is more un-even
throughout the incubator b/c of this.
Any suggestions?

The larger one on the right is the one in question.

Since the photo, I've changed out the fans for bigger ones & they've
helped. But, that was months ago.

Also, all 3 turners had eggs in them when
it overheated. Most of the top eggs died, so they're
temporarily empty. Don't want to add more until I
figure out how to fix the overheating.
@myfivegirls
not sure if anyone helped with this? where is your probe?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...nds-w-host-sally-sunshine/63780#post_16634566
First egg from my Dominiques that hatch on 1/18

sweet!!!
Here goes.
Congratulations to the hatcher though I am sorry @Chaos18 yours did not finish better. @jwlpoultry pheasant, @gbartha
woot.gif
, @Jessimom how about the last Serma? @Monstro
celebrate.gif
great first hatch!
@jenniferlamar70 Glad your day fourteen candeling looked good
fl.gif
@BantyChooks Sorry for Annie and the other chick that died. She had a short life, but if you had not helped her she would never have seen anything but a shell much less a bug.
hugs.gif

@MotorcycleChick Thanks for the greetings and the duck and Duckling updates that give smiles.
@Akrnaf2 Have you survived exams? Thanks for the language (circumcision/names) humor break.
@canadachickens @ChickenCanoe Sorry I missed you.
@DwayneNLiz Welcome to the slap brigade, and your right they should not be
wink.png

@Sally Sunshine Great to hear from you!

sounds like a great plan!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom