INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@runt325 , this is what AmproMed looks like. Cattle or Poultry, either will work. If you don't have the spare money for it, don't buy it, but do find a place near you that stocks it or Corid in case you ever need to buy some. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] -Kathy
:thumbsup
3 so far, i don't think I will ever get over how small quail chicks are.
Congrats!! @5Sons Coop are they getting around ok in shavings? if not put some papertowels over it for the first week, and the feed you may need to crush a bit more for them, I always put a empty papertowel tube in there they love running through it lol
OMG, I am 3000++ posts behind! :eek: Real life has taken over this week - not in a bad way, just busy. I did get some decluttering done in the house like I had discussed (still lots to go, but there has been PROGRESS!). I've been trying to switch up my chicken chores to try to get them done in the morning before work (since it's still been over 90F at 7PM most days), and that plus figuring out when to refresh water and add ice with this many coops going has kind of messed me up a bit. Just came inside from delayed chicken chores (alas, done in the hot part of the day today instead of first thing - that's what I get for sleeping in) - now I'm getting a friggin' heat headache. Water and aspirin, water and aspirin... Made bread this morning (dough rose overnight), making yogurt and chicken stock this afternoon if I can muster some will power, and then roasting my latest cull Naked Neck for birthday dinner tonight. Hoping to get more chores done in between (I made a list!), but I'm losing the will to move... But hey, I bought myself a new wheelbarrow for my birthday (previous one was disintegrating/rusting out) - it's what a girl wants! :D Here are some nice photos of my German New Hampshire cockerels at 11.5 weeks - they are growing really well. I'm sure I'll end up doing a read back - my CDO won't let me NOT. But I will do my best not to engage in a giant quote orgy that crashes everyone's computer/device... Off to go get another hard orange vanilla soda (yes, it's weird - it grows on you...). Maybe I'll watch Interstellar (again), and enjoy the luxury of air conditioning. - Ant Farm
pretty birdies!!! hope you had a good bday! sorry you got a headache, I feel your pain way too often hugs
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @Fire Ant Farm You have the same birthday as my oldest son... I'm still tinkering on the new coop. I've almost finished the run, and have a little bit of partition work to do on the inside. This is it so far...
HOLY MOLY THATS A HOUSE!!!
Howdy Ms. Sally Sunshine :hugs :love
Wow what size is the coop?

Morning all! Chilling on the north patio with some Jameson infused coffee to help with the arthritis flare up I have going on.
thumbsup.gif

Quote: JUST A BIT, can you believe I was MIA?
idunno.gif

Quote:
lau.gif
I will never have enough practice! I was just telling my 25 year old he needs to speak clearer or not call me lmao!!

Looks like my turn for chick problems now.....
hmm.png

While checking the chicks today, I noticed they seem skinny. (2 chicks)

They are alert, bright-eyed, and active.

I do not have any pictures of their poop, but all poop in the brooder (they share with 4 guineas, all of which seem to have a healthy weight) is normal. No blood.

They are being fed Purina flock raiser, which is not medicated.

Their brooder is clean, dry paper shavings with a seed starting mat for heat. Ambient temp is about 75 degrees f.

They are 19 days old.

I will get weights on them shortly.

Am I overreacting? Should I just feed them scrambled egg and see if that helps?

What did I forget to add info-wise?
-Banti
Banti why dont you use med chick starter?

Wonder who was awake enough to compliment anyone. I'm surprised my eyes are even focused yet.

Was greeted by a post 1st thing; seems there's an interview in the making. BYC must be scraping the bottom of the barrel.:p

Or somebody nominated you ;)
GUESS WHAT?!?!?!

CKN BUTT! Sorry I'm late, was at a foster dog adoption.

I was looking at pictures that I had taken this morning, and realized that I had gotten my trio's bottoms!

LOL

JUST A BIT, can you believe I was MIA? :idunno

:lau   I will never have enough practice!  I was just telling my 25 year old he needs to speak clearer or not call me lmao!!

Banti why dont you use med chick starter? 

Nevermind Banti  I forgot you had the duckies too

Yep!

Mornin Sunshine :hugs :frow

Last edited:
Humidity in the bator is 36%, and lockdown is tomorrow. I doubt the air cells are small enough. If they are still too small tomorrow when I candle, can I postpone lockdown for a day? I don't want sticky chicks ....
I have learned my lesson!
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif

Good night, everybody, I'm off for some much-needed sleep!
hugs.gif

Last candling. Day 17 on this Lil fella....has always had a wonky air cell. What do you guys make of this? Lots of movement but worried he will pip in the wrong spot. He's under a broody.

Its fine give it back to her, its from a loose air cell its actually not that bad
My first candling day 7 of shipped eggs. I have been doing a dry hatch. My AC are all over the place. Some look good, some have lost to much , some have lost too little. They are such a random assortment of eggs also. Some are polish some are orp.. Some of the orp eggs are huge. The polish tiny. I can't even see ar AC in some of them. Any advice?
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
love.gif

Quote: *IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770

Hello,all.not feeling good today.had a stomach ache all last night and this morning
oh no feel better

Congrats Zach!  @attimus
August  tell your wife to shoot for the 5th!  ;)

CUTE chicks!!!!  what is the second one?

Just remember she is not a nurse! :lau   Morning Peter!  

@TwoCrows
thanks ;)

Morning Sally. I'll use it wisely. Never did use those buttons at the hospital found they visited often enough. :gig

One chick so far. No action out of the last ones marked 5-28. Then there's the bunch of extras that the hens were still setting. Took them all due to the hens killing the chicks.

Two things learned one, the Altsterier are fertile and the sapphire hatch like crazy. Well three things actually when group setting take all the eggs the day before they are due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom