INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning everyone! 
 Happy Father's day to those that it applies to!
 And for the ladies, thanks for putting up with those of us that it applies to....  :gig

LOL

Morning Sally. I'll use it wisely. Never did use those buttons at the hospital found they visited often enough. :gig

One chick so far. No action out of the last ones marked 5-28. Then there's the bunch of extras that the hens were still setting. Took them all due to the hens killing the chicks.

Two things learned one, the Altsterier are fertile and the sapphire hatch like crazy. Well three things actually when group setting take all the eggs the day before they are due.

Ditto dat. I know it is their job, but really, I'm not dying! :lol:

(The ICU nurses check on you All. Night. Long. Impossible to get a decent snooze there!)

Anyway, should probably get busy now. Laters..... :frow
-Banti

Morning everyone!
Happy Father's day to those that it applies to!
And for the ladies, thanks for putting up with those of us that it applies to....
gig.gif
Howdy CC
Do y'all recognize Father's Day, too? I know our two countries don't always celebrate the same things. Like how many of us really have a clue what Boxing Day is, or what it means to our "neighbor to the north"?

Howdy CC
Do y'all recognize Father's Day, too? I know our two countries don't always celebrate the same things. Like how many of us really have a clue what Boxing Day is, or what it means to our "neighbor to the north"?
some traditions do cross the border Ken.
wink.png

boxing day up here is the day you buy next years Christmas stocking stuffers, and the stuff you wanted but didn't get.
Black Friday however is one that is just starting to catch on up here.

I am sure it will be helpful to someone! If not several someones!
I hope so
It's not just this one. It is adults too. Worse yet is when someone doesn't want to accept the answer you give. It's like you didn't give the answer they wanted to hear. Seems to be. I built these 2 back when I was raising many more chicks at once. Warm underneath and cool around the outside. Each one will brood over 100 chicks. I've used these when the building temperature was in the 30s, Inside of building. Outside of building same day. Shiner :lau Here you go MC This is when I was taking pictures of my duck today.
I like teenagers now, didn't so much when I was one- oddly they mostly liked me but they didn't get me and it annoyed me. Wow great brooders!!
Last candling. Day 17 on this Lil fella....has always had a wonky air cell. What do you guys make of this? Lots of movement but worried he will pip in the wrong spot. He's under a broody.
what I do anytime an egg has a weird cell I mark the shell and check back later hatch day or day after and see if it didn't hatch. Of 3 hatches this year each has had one with a weird cell that tried to pip up the cell, different spots in different incubators with different parents... I think my husband must have stored them upside down and the cell must have been loose... The first I thought I would let try over night and it died, the second two I helped- the first of pf those two now has cross beak and the second seems ok so far. But I put a band on their leg to mark them to watch for issues that happen as a result of a difficult hatch. I have had them pip both ends and that way successfully before and I think it's best to wait when you can. Good luck!
Congrats Zach! @attimus August tell your wife to shoot for the 5th! ;) CUTE chicks!!!! what is the second one? Just remember she is not a nurse! :lau Morning Peter! @TwoCrows thanks ;)
thanks! The second one is an olive egger- it's the baby of my barnevelder rooster & one of my Easter or olive eggers - they are all exceptionally cute. Top is a Barnie and bottom is a dom.
I really think it belongs to the neighbors. I have had a few hens acting broody for a few days at a time, but I don't think that they could hide a chick this long!
yea that's a pretty big chick to hide! What do you think, about 4-5? Weeks?

Warm up the o/b...on my way

Warmed up.....;)

I've been on some long trips with it. It used to be my son's car but I needed a ford to drive to KC every week. (if you didn't have a ford, you had to park at the far end of the lot)
I can't tell you how many cars I've had with over 200k on them.

You should be good. I've had healthy runts before.
They don't all grow at the same rate anyway.
IMHO, that's a pretty good feed.
Fresh feed, clean water, excellent ventilation, clean bedding, a warm spot, cool space, hemeral lighting and that's all you can do.

The duck pics are farther down the page in that ungodly long multipost.

I've had several Jeep Cherokees with over 200k on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom