INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopping by to say happy Father's Day to all the great daddies and grandpas on the thread. Hope you all have a blessed day!!!!!!
Why, thank you, Linda
hugs.gif

You try to do the same

More on medicated feed and waterfowl:

This is medicated flock raiser

http://metzerfarms.blogspot.com/2011/11/can-medicated-feed-be-used-for.html

Medicated Chick Starter using amprolium by Lone Star Mills

Have there been coccidiostats used in the past that were harmful to waterfowl? Probably and that is why the myth began. But those drugs are no longer allowed or no longer used in the United States.

What if you have the choice of medicated or non-medicated starter feed of equal nutritional value? My recommendation would be to use the non-medicated feed. There is no point in feeding medication when it is not needed.

HOWEVER, if the choice is nutritionally correct medicated starter feed (20%+ protein) or non-medicated feed that does not meet the nutritional needs of the ducklings and goslings, I would definitely recommend the nutritionally correct, medicated starter feed. Research shows the medication will not harm the waterfowl.

(1) Holderread, D., Nakaue, H.S., Arscott, G.H. 1983 Poultry Science 62:1125-1127

Last edited:
Quote: are you serious? stocking stuffers now?

Quote: yes, I always feed my chick starter from the local Amish feed mill, I have yet to purchase anything different, except for pheasants they get higher protein, I just dont like to suggest it to others as its a debate
hide.gif
I buy all my feeds in 100lb bags and scratch grains in 50lb bags. so I tend to use what I have and never had issues with all the ducks and even gooserz I hatched.

Quote:
yes, I always feed my chick starter from the local Amish feed mill, I have yet to purchase anything different, except for pheasants they get higher protein, I just dont like to suggest it to others as its a debate
hide.gif
I buy all my feeds in 100lb bags and scratch grains in 50lb bags. so I tend to use what I have and never had issues with all the ducks and even gooserz I hatched.
Lol, that won't stop me, 'cause it's a myth and more misinformation that people should know about.

-Kathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by casportpony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Sunshine

Nevermind Banti I forgot you had the duckies too
Did you know that ducks *can* have medicated starter as long as the medication is amprolium or bacitracin? Heck, Purina actually makes a medicated "Flock Raiser", though I haven't seen it in any stores. What ducklings do need is more niacin than than what's in the chick starter, so that's one reason one might want to feed flock raiser.

-Kathy
yes, I always feed my chick starter from the local Amish feed mill, I have yet to purchase anything different, except for pheasants they get higher protein, I just dont like to suggest it to others as its a debate
hide.gif
Lol, that won't stop me, 'cause it's a myth and more misinformation that people should know about.

-Kathy
I agree, I dont have time to make arguments right now, nor the willpower. I am glad you do your research
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom