INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How high should the humidity be?

What kind of scale do you use? I'd like to try that next hatch; I think it's kinda late with this one.
60% - 70% is normal.

Google chicken egg scale and you'll find plenty of them. Just have to keep good records of weight loss...
wink.png

Good morning all! Lost my quotes again!

@daxigait Thank you!!!

@Sally Sunshine Your pictures of the pup and the kids were ADORABLE!!!!

@kwhites634 I hope you have a great day fishing!!

@Roada Red OUCH!!!

Good luck to everyone hatching or setting. Sorry about the unplugged incubator. I hope the temps settle down soon! Sorry about the Quail eggs!

Its already getting super hot outside. We hit 109 yesterday, and it is supposed to be hotter today. A/C started running at 4 am. But my Brinseas are staying nice and stable! I have 6 pips!! I'm on day 20, so I hope they start popping!

Happy Hatching everyone! Stay cool!

@kwhites634 Did your broody ever go back? Good luck fishing.
@Fire Ant Farm Sorry about the pullet.
@ChickenCanoe I liked your carving. Talk about patience.
@Jessimom Happy Belated Birthday!
celebrate.gif

Does anyone have any ideas how to attach the top of the hardware cloth?
You cant put anything through there because of the window slide.
Yeah, she sure did. If I'd known broodies are subject to take longer off-nest breaks in the early stages I wouldn't have been concerned.She' back to her growling cantankerous self; has been for a couple days now.

@kwhites634 Did your broody ever go back? Good luck fishing.
@Fire Ant Farm Sorry about the pullet.
@ChickenCanoe I liked your carving. Talk about patience.
@Jessimom Happy Belated Birthday!
celebrate.gif

Does anyone have any ideas how to attach the top of the hardware cloth?
You cant put anything through there because of the window slide.
Put the wire all the way to the top, and you won't have to worry about the glass getting broken...

Well over 50%. Depending on the accuracy of your hygrometer, you may want to shoot for 60-70%. However, since your eggs have lost so little moisture, it may mean your hygrometer is reading way low.

I just have a small pocket gram scale.
http://www.miniinthebox.com/popular/mini-digital-pocket-scales.html
If you use a larger scale you can weigh a dozen at a time but be careful. The last 2 kitchen scales I bought were very inaccurate for small weights.
It's best to weigh the eggs the day they are laid and then track loss because weight loss will happen prior to incubation as well.
My hygrometer is 1% off. So, should the humidity be 60-70% from now on, or 50%? Is it supposed to be 50% for the next day or so and then 60-70% on the last day?
I have a kitchen scale that reads grams, but I'll have to get a better one, I guess, for eggs. Thanks for the information and the link!

60% - 70% is normal.

Google chicken egg scale and you'll find plenty of them. Just have to keep good records of weight loss...
wink.png
OK, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom