INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
ep.gif
ep.gif
ep.gif

Law-dy-law-dy-law-dy!!!!!!

In all seriousness, you can just use water that has sat out overnight - the point is to let the chlorine dissipate so it doesn't kill some of the yeast. Not sure that's your problem, though...

GO WATCH THE VIDEO, WOMAN!
old.gif

- Ant Farm

Quote: Kristin sent me starter and also frozen stuff, I screwed up the first she sent, but I made so many loafs of bread and all screwed up, really really hard outside and yukky middle lol
Come on down; DW can show you how

Sally, I wish I was closer - it IS easier to help someone learn in person if they're struggling... I know, my mother is 1000+ miles away.

- Ant Farm

Father-in-law uses all trumps high gluten flour in his bakery. The gluten makes the dough much more workable for sub rolls, hard rolls, etc, breads you shape. They use it for all their breads.
He makes the best sour rye I've ever had, and a onion sour rye.
Don't know much about his starter other than he makes his own, only uses it in his rye.

Father-in-law uses all trumps high gluten flour in his bakery. The gluten makes the dough much more workable for sub rolls, hard rolls, etc, breads you shape. They use it for all their breads.
Don't know much about his starter other than he makes his own, only uses it in his rye.
I have a big bag of Gluten powder. I add half a cup to the dough usually.

Come on down; DW can show you how

If she makes sourdough stuff, why did you keep bugging me for my bread a few months ago?

:( The one thing that I miss about having grandparents, is that my grandfather was a baker. Growing up, my mother would have us make glue out of flour and water. She never told us after a few days that what we were looking at was sourdough. She always told us that the paste had gone bad, and to throw it away and make new. Now that I make sourdough, I have asked her why she didn't tell us. She said she just never thought of it. :eek: How do you forget such a major part of your upbringing?

Last edited:
I have a big bag of Gluten powder. I add half a cup to the dough usually.

I ought to ask him about buying and adding separate. Might be cheaper. I think he goes through 12, 50lb bags a week. I think the price is back down now but a few yrs ago it doubled, he doesn't like raising his prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom