INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is a Fluke thermometer ok instead? I have one of those.

hugs.gif
Oh, so sorry!

Interesting ..... I think my problem was humidity.

Cool!

ROFL!

ep.gif
NOOOO not Lindt chocolate!
hugs.gif

Yes ....... I am confused, too!

Alright, so I made a pip in all of them except the one that didn't look developed. Nothing seemed alive, and two stank. I didn't want to see the poor dead chicks, so I had my dad open them up for me, and none were alive. According to him, the one that didn't look developed looked infertile. The two that stank had nothing distinguishable, just "slush." The other three were developed but had not absorbed the yolk sacs. There was fluid in them, so I'm thinking they may have drowned.
Anyways, so now I'm deciding whether I want to order chicks or hatch more (I need eight to replace the eight I lost.) Hatching is fun, but I don't want a bunch of roos ......

Yup.... Lindt chocolate.
hit.gif

But "He" is a " she"!
LOL! True!

Nervous. Freaking. Wreck. Some may remember my hen Pipsqueak hatched a beautiful chick last Monday....due to an accidental stagger she had another developing embryo that we had to pop in a makeshift incubator last Wednesday. Today is day 18 and when candled before lock down I had a clear internal pip. Around 4:00pm the egg was bopping around and tweeting. Then it stopped. I have heard it a few more times and it wiggles every now and again but no external pip yet. I know it's still early and this little guy has the odds stacked against him as this is my first time and I thought the hen was gonna do the work. I have given him the best environment with the limited resources and experience I have. Is it normal to be this nervous???
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom