INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

In all seriousness, you can just use water that has sat out overnight - the point is to let the chlorine dissipate so it doesn't kill some of the yeast. Not sure that's your problem, though...
- Ant Farm  

Yes and no.
I don't think the chlorine is that big of a problem for yeast but for bacteria it can be.
Setting out water overnight will dissipate chlorine but not chloramine. Most municipal water supplies are now using chloramine and the chlorine in that mix won't dissipate until the chlorine ammonia bond is broken first. You can let water with chloramine sit for days and there will still be chloramine in it.
Muni water systems use chloramine because it is much more stable and they can use less because it doesn't dissipate.
wood fired brick oven, very cheap to run.

I am using tap water and I have never had any problem .

Nervous. Freaking. Wreck. Some may remember my hen Pipsqueak hatched a beautiful chick last Monday....due to an accidental stagger she had another developing embryo that we had to pop in a makeshift incubator last Wednesday. Today is day 18 and when candled before lock down I had a clear internal pip. Around 4:00pm the egg was bopping around and tweeting. Then it stopped. I have heard it a few more times and it wiggles every now and again but no external pip yet. I know it's still early and this little guy has the odds stacked against him as this is my first time and I thought the hen was gonna do the work. I have given him the best environment with the limited resources and experience I have. Is it normal to be this nervous???

:hugs It's going to be okay. Yes, it's normal to be nervous.

It also BAKED when its bottom is brown and make a hollow sound when topped on!:lol:

Or when it's been smokng something really good.

hugs.gif
It's going to be okay. Yes, it's normal to be nervous.
Or when it's been smokng something really good.
Can it smoke something really bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom