INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
13501899_516052195267521_2028504191282526566_n.jpg

But "He" is a " she"!

Nervous. Freaking. Wreck. Some may remember my hen Pipsqueak hatched a beautiful chick last Monday....due to an accidental stagger she had another developing embryo that we had to pop in a makeshift incubator last Wednesday. Today is day 18 and when candled before lock down I had a clear internal pip. Around 4:00pm the egg was bopping around and tweeting. Then it stopped. I have heard it a few more times and it wiggles every now and again but no external pip yet. I know it's still early and this little guy has the odds stacked against him as this is my first time and I thought the hen was gonna do the work. I have given him the best environment with the limited resources and experience I have. Is it normal to be this nervous???

I guess what I typed didn't add. I have spotty internet right now.

Regardless, I basically said was that I can't believe that it hasn't totally dried out or turned pink.

I am definitely going to revive it tonight. But, I am very grateful for your second opinion. You know that I welcome it! :hugs

If it does not revive, send a pm with your address(unless you already did) and I will get a start out to you.

I have one 4 years old, I have harvested it from organic Raisins. And I back with it weekly all the bred my family eat, all grain organic Spelt.

so what do I get?

Bread flour or AP white flour.

The trick is the amount of flour to use. Flour is different in amount to use based on the amount of water it has in it --in the bag! Humidity at your place will change it.

As an example, A recipe that calls for 8 cups of flour here may need 9 to make good dough. At a humid place, it might take 7.

Because of this you cannot go by the number of cups in a recipe for any type of bread. Sourdough is trickier because it will always be sticky. It is easy to put either too much or too little flour in the dough.

Trick! [COLOR=800000]Bread is cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 195 to 205---yes, I use a thermometer to cook bread.[/COLOR]

It also BAKED when its bottom is brown and make a hollow sound when topped on!:lol:

I can't eat Eagles cos of religion rules, and you cant eat bald eagle because it is illegal in the US even have a feather of it! So how you know the tast?

How do you know how a peahen tastes? Just eat it...

Lol! Someone that used to be on here has said it many times, cracked me up! No! never tasted it, have bald eagles here often. They don't look too appetizing to me, basically huge buzzards, just prettier.

Nervous. Freaking. Wreck. Some may remember my hen Pipsqueak hatched a beautiful chick last Monday....due to an accidental stagger she had another developing embryo that we had to pop in a makeshift incubator last Wednesday. Today is day 18 and when candled before lock down I had a clear internal pip. Around 4:00pm the egg was bopping around and tweeting. Then it stopped. I have heard it a few more times and it wiggles every now and again but no external pip yet. I know it's still early and this little guy has the odds stacked against him as this is my first time and I thought the hen was gonna do the work. I have given him the best environment with the limited resources and experience I have. Is it normal to be this nervous???

What's the humidity in the incubator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom