INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="kwhites634" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/131130#post_17349397"][quote name="cabinchicky" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/131150#post_17349389"]

[quote name="kwhites634" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/131130#post_17349387"]

[quote name="cabinchicky" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/131140#post_17349382"]

[quote name="kwhites634" url="/t/1046313/incubating-w-friends-come-hatch-learn-chat-meet-new-friends-w-host-sally-sunshine/131130#post_17349379"]

One obstacle overcome.  Next?

what if she doesnt want ancona

Well, then, what kind does Mike have?  He might be even closer

Me Mike? I only have frozen ducks at this time. :lau

:/               :hit
Three pips!

show off :tongue

images

Thems are MINESSSSSSSS

Question please! What kind of ducks were in the last pic???? Mandarin of some sort??? Omg,adorable!!! Wants some! Can't havies,no duck spaces! Dang it!

:frow Good mornin'

Can't help you; don't do ducks[/quote]

Morning Whites! You up early again I see.You having problems sleeping?[/quote]
No. I went to bed as soon as the Orioles' game was over last night, shortly after 10 o'clock. I generally wake up after 7 hours' sleep.I can't lay in bed awake just 'cause the magical 8 hours haven't elapsed, anyway, so I'd just as well get up. I'm normally an early riser, anyway; best time of the day IMO.[/quote]

Ah I see. Best part of the day? Ummm not to me, not a morning person myself. I miss afternoon shift a lot. I got so much more done. I hardly sleep 7 or 8 hours myself. With my back problems, I usually get 5 or 6 hours before I get stiff and have to get up and move. Arthritis, so fun.[/quote]
I worked the 4-12 shift for 7 years; turned down the chance to work 1st shift several times. I could get up at 7 or 8, get a day's work in at home, or go fishing, then go to work, after most of the "suits" had gone home and weren't around getting in the way.. Best of both worlds.
[/quote]

Yes it was! I worked 3 to 11, unless I worked over for 16 years.Now my house and flowerbeds look like crap. Going to school too doesn't help. I am trying to cut back on flower beds but that is half done too. Grrrrr

Mornin Whites
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
whatcha got planned for this day? wonder what the weather will be like. didnt get to check today

Ok so I made a hole and then carefully peeled back some shell. I stopped when I saw the blood vessels. The duckling is chirping and moving but not freeing itself. Do I just leave it to it now?

Mornin Whites
hugs.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
whatcha got planned for this day? wonder what the weather will be like. didnt get to check today
More work on the building, I hope, at least 'til the rain shuts me down. 'Sposed to have T-storms (maybe) starting around noon & continuing well into Sun. Getting ready to break out one of the boats.

If and when I get ducks it'll either muscovies or it'll be cayuga or welsh harlequins. Muscovies appeal to me a lot, but there will need to be a lot of wing trimming... But I REALLY like the look of the cayuga and the fact that they lay those weird dark eggs...

But I have no housing and no place to even PUT their housing. So I will dream and enjoy all your duckie photos and reread the Storey Raising Ducks book again. I have a chicken coop and a bachelor pen to build (in the heat), and then I have a chicken breeding line to work on and hatch out... 

AND IT WANT GOATS REAL REAL REAL BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:lol:

- Ant Farm 

My Muscovies don't fly.

I had a parakeet in high school - named it LB (for Little Bird). :D

Lived with my parents while I was in college and did well until my mother decided it was a reasonable idea to try to vacuum out the bottom of the cage with the vacuum hose while the bird was still inside the cage. No more LB.:th

- Ant Farm

Oh, no!

I now have 5 beautiful ducklings!! I just took them out of the bator to put in the brooder as none of the other eggs have external pips. We are on day 30 now and as I took them out I quickly candled the others... One has an internal pip. The latest one to externally pip was over 42 hours ago so I have no idea how long the other one has been internally pipped for. Shall I make a hole?

:weee

:frow Good mornin'
Can't help you; don't do ducks

I hear it is fun to see what hatches.

Thank you for the duck answer! Quail hatch I think is done. Some issues with a few but I had 17 hatch, 2 passed and 4 with leg or neck problem. Either vitamin lacking in hen or general issue. It's strange. They are on game bird feed plus get vitamin supplements.

:thumbsup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom