INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Very nice! We skeet shooting over the field by us and have a backstop for our others by the barn. We go to a buddy's house now and then and join in warming up his 50 cals. That clears out your sinuses with the percussion.
Dang wonder if we can do that here!

nothin but woods out there, and an old orchard where the big deer grow

Quote: Sounds like fun! We just bring out our launcher from the barn and shoot over the bean field mostly. Hubby reloads most of our loads.
Quote: Lol

If you can find someone with a 410 and a youth 20 gauge for her to try out she may surprise you. Have 2 nieces under 11 that shoot a youth 20 like their Momma and Aunt. The girls come here to try out firearms in my family often. 20 isn't a bad kick if you shoulder it as you said. We aren't allowed rifle hunting here that I know of, unless for predators.
The more populated counties here in MD are "shotgun only", too; fortunately, this isn't one of them, yet. The day it is, I'll hunt with only my muzzle loader.
Lol, i don't have one of those yet, but I have a bow too. Several other guns though, no Winchester. Colts, Sig, Remington, and some I can't remember. Hubby has taught me well, can strip em down and reassemble too. Mostly been a huge shotgun fan till recently I turned into a 1911 and a 50 cal. nut.
Quote: Yikes!
I can't even pull my compound these days, thanks to Shingles. Wasn't any good with it when I could. It's an old Jennings Super T; not near as fast or flat shooting as modern bows

Dang it, break time is over. Need to get back to it. Hubby is hunting groundhog from under a horse barn. They are smoking em out. Dang hog collapsed the stall floors in 2 different directions. So no more chook, duck whatever talk. Ugh.

Have a great day all!

Hey Liz! Get out the bird launcher! Pull! Love skeet shooting with the family, have a ball!

I actually think we may go up next weekend, i have saturday off for once :)

Sounds like fun! We just bring out our launcher from the barn and shoot over the bean field mostly. Hubby reloads most of our loads.

A shotgun will rock your world if you don't have it snug against your shoulder. They've turned many an inexperienced shooter against the sport because of the kick, unless they're shooting a lightweight  .410

A friend of mine took me pheasant hunting once. He reloads his shells which I didn't know at the time. Suffice it to say I wasn't ready for his special shot. I was newbie to the group but not to the pranks of groups. My bad.

Lol

If you can find someone with a 410 and a youth 20 gauge for her to try out she may surprise you. Have 2 nieces under 11 that shoot a youth 20 like their Momma and Aunt. The girls come here to try out firearms in my family often. 20 isn't a bad kick if you shoulder it as you said. We aren't allowed rifle hunting here that I know of, unless for predators.

The more populated counties here in MD are "shotgun only", too; fortunately, this isn't one of them, yet. The day it is, I'll hunt with only my muzzle loader.

Lol, i don't have one of those yet, but I have a bow too. Several other guns though, no Winchester. Colts, Sig, Remington, and some I can't remember. Hubby has taught me well, can strip em down and reassemble too. Mostly been a huge shotgun fan till recently I turned into a 1911 and a 50 cal. nut.

Same thing happened to me. I didn't know one gun from another. My buddy, who taught me to hunt in high school, handed me a 10ga, with a high brass shell loaded. He had a good laugh while I was getting up out of the dust.

Pretty much the same here. Porcupine I shot turned inside out and I did a 360. Almost. And the whole group knew it was coming.

Yikes!

I can't even pull my compound these days, thanks to Shingles. Wasn't any good with it when I could. It's an old Jennings Super T; not near as fast or flat shooting as modern bows

Oww so sorry to hear the shingles hit you. Have you tried a crossbow? I had one, like my compound better. There are nice cocking mechanisms for them too.

hugs.gif

at least you can still use your muzzleloader

Dang it, break time is over. Need to get back to it. Hubby is hunting groundhog from under a horse barn. They are smoking em out. Dang hog collapsed the stall floors in 2 different directions. So no more chook, duck whatever talk. Ugh.

Have a great day all!
Have fun!!

Quote:
Sounds like fun! We just bring out our launcher from the barn and shoot over the bean field mostly. Hubby reloads most of our loads.

Quote:
Lol

Quote:
Yikes!
Oww so sorry to hear the shingles hit you. Have you tried a crossbow? I had one, like my compound better. There are nice cocking mechanisms for them too.
Yes...I own an Excalibur cross bow; only 300' fps. Haven't killed anything with it yet. Hit one & lost it; missed several.

Wow! Very nice! We skeet shooting over the field by us and have a backstop for our others by the barn. We go to a buddy's house now and then and join in warming up his 50 cals. That clears out your sinuses with the percussion.
Dang wonder if we can do that here!

Don't know about that. We used to go to the same dump at night and skunk hunt. Yeah I know strange group. But in a small town it was the better option of things to do. This would be 38 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom