INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: If it isn't, it should be
lol.png

I always seem to be on my phone when you start posting, chicken canoe. It is hard to try to remember all that you have said!
I know now that the eggs are not going to hatch. I have already cleaned the incubator.
I actually had some questions, and assume that you are the one that will be able to answer them. I am sure others can as well, but you were the most likely.
When it comes to gauge wire, what is ideal?
My run is six feet tall. Do I want to cover all six with hardware cloth, or is 3-4' enough?
Is 1/2" okay, or should I go with 1/4?
Cost is obviously dependent on brand. Is there a bad brand?

Last edited:
I now have all my chickens in one coop/run!!!!

Yay!!!!!
:ya ENVY! I originally bought nine hens and a roo so I built a coop for twenty so I would have lots of room :gig Now I have twice that and I had to build seperately because the location of the first coop has no room for expansion.

@ChickenCanoe . Good morning. To answer your question, my animals did well while I was vacation. I didn't loose any, the only issue I have is my goat Daisy Mae is still not well. I gave her another dose of LA300 this morning.
If I get up north this fall I will get with you on the cockerel. You are near STL. right?

Hey everyone! I have been so busy that I have not made it online. I love vacation, but it seems to make the weeks around it crazy.
hugs.gif

Hi Dax, I hope vacation is well worth the chaos afterwards! oh, curious how you treat goats for cocci

Just got some Bantams and always loved them. Looking for a hutch or coup to protect them at night. I'm going to free range them.

@LitilChicks WELCOME TO THE THREAD AND BYC!!!! What breed of banty? how old are they? Bantys are so cute!!!

Quote:
DOH I guess read on sorry... what is LA300 I am using dimethox and Bcomplex

Last edited:
I always seem to be on my phone when you start posting, chicken canoe. It is hard to try to remember all that you have said!
I know now that the eggs are not going to hatch. I have already cleaned the incubator.
I actually had some questions, and assume that you are the one that will be able to answer them. I am sure others can as well, but you were the most likely.
When it comes to gauge wire, what is ideal?
My run is six feet tall. Do I want to cover all six with hardware cloth, or is 3-4' enough?
Is 1/2" okay, or should I go with 1/4?
Cost is obviously dependent on brand. Is there a bad brand?
Are you talking about the gauge of the welded/woven wire fencing or the hardware cloth?
How high depends on what you're guarding against. If for raccoons, they can climb anything so if the top is open, how high you put the hardware cloth won't matter.
1/2" will keep out any mammal.
Any Chinese brand is bad. I buy both Chinese and American made RedBrand. RedBrand is like the fencing I grew up with. Chinese wire carried by the big box stores like Lowe's and Home Depot is junk. I use it but I can rip the welds apart with my hands and it doesn't stretch like American made. It tears apart. You can stretch RedBrand to make a tight fence.

ya.gif
ENVY! I originally bought nine hens and a roo so I built a coop for twenty so I would have lots of room
gig.gif
Now I have twice that and I had to build seperately because the location of the first coop has no room for expansion.

Even though it provides more incursion points and makes locking up more work, I love having multiple housing options for chickens.

Hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom