INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw a CH here and there in posts. Apparently some people miss you.
What have you been up to?
I think you said you were home schooled. Do you do that year round or do you follow the same schedule as public school?

Last edited:
Quote:
fl.gif
I had one early serama the hen musta been sitting on an egg, the others were pipped and I saw a zip early this am, I will check later on see what we got, I am sure not perfect with the fan breaking down, seems they are later than I usually hatch to. so curious what the hatch window will be.

19 cu.ft. upright freezer...free for the taking....North central MD; Frederick county

Should make the foundation of a good 'bator if any of you need one that large; I don't.

It has 4 removable shelves (2 adjustable).

Bring a truck and dolly (hand truck); I'll help you load it.

Going to the dump if nobody wants it; I just want rid of it.

@Sally Sunshine , @Chaos18
I have a dead one, did yours croak too?
We haven't used it in a year or so. It was still running, but wasn't keeping the food frozen. May be just a bad door gasket, but that gasket's nowhere to be found anymore. We had another, and switched everything over, then were given a chest type that works just fine.

Last edited:
You have Ayam Cemani?
What are the three in the first picture?
I have one, I hatched him with some bantam phoenixes I got for my MIL. The first 3 are my lovely Bielefelder girls.

ya.gif
ENVY! I originally bought nine hens and a roo so I built a coop for twenty so I would have lots of room
gig.gif
Now I have twice that and I had to build seperately because the location of the first coop has no room for expansion.

Oh I wish I could have a second real coop. I have a little one for broodies, babies, or sickies. But not that space to house all the separate breeds I want. Urg! I need to move out of the city and get to some country acreage.

best camping times is snow on the ground, at least in my twenties. I am sure no longer. No wanted to move south to not deal with cold, raise critters easier, garden, but I dont seem to take the heat near like I can the cold.

oh! sorry about them mc how many are remaining?

When we went on field exercises in the army in Germany, it seemed to me that they always looked for places for bivouac that were covered with snow. Our tents didn't have floors so we had to set up with snow in the tents. Since we were a Group Headquarters we had big 6 man tents with a diesel stove. So eventually the snow melted. As soon as it did, we packed up to find more snow. Having your gear sit in snow and then mud wasn't much fun.

I hate the heat and humidity I grew up with but most of the year is good here, perhaps 9 months most years.
This may not be your cup of tea but high elevation in the tropics is glorious. My perfect elevation is cool enough at night to be able to enjoy a fire and a blanket and not hot enough during the day to work up a sweat - year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom