INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I mean BYC version, is the background mostly brown or does it have blue at the top? If blue, thats desktop, and there should be an option on the top bar. If it is brown, (mobile) there are codes for it. I can get them if you want!
Hi! Glad you stopped in, don't be shy. We're all mad here.
lol.png

Do you incubate eggs?
i have a blue stripe over each post - i can switch betw mobile and desktop i believe. not incubating yet, just learning. raised my first 8 chicks this year. 3 roo rehomed (2 got their own girls, yea!) and 5 pullets laying now very well. ill be checking out for now -its getting sleeping around here...bye everybody, ill get you answers tomorrow! ;-D
DOH and there we have it!! What breeds?

Checked On My Eggs Before Going To Bed And Now I Can't sleep!!! I'll have little ones soon!
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png
1f606.png
AWESOME!!!!

Guess what happened this week?

Someone must have gotten something stuck up her nose. Going to the vet to get it lanced, and then get meds so there's no infection. Just my luck eh?
oh hippie, ouch looks like Kats peachick!! @casportpony
Baytril for Birds discussions: kathys example treatment post #30409 post #51528 Enrofloxacin generic and dosages begin post #30424 post #30493

Quote: Happy Bday MIL!!!

I'm so happy I get to start my vacation this week! Getting our 2 tier coop finished for our older bantams, getting our chickens reorganized to better suit their needs based on the number of chickens we have of each is going to be the fun part. We have a total of 5 roosters. 1 old English Bantam too, 1 Dom roo, 1 RIR roo, 1 golden sebright roo, and a sebright x BB Red cross roo. Got 2 hens for the dom, no hen for the RIR yet, 5 hens for the old English, 3 hens for the sebright, and 3 for the cross. And my little Leo is coming along great (he/she is a old English). I hate to say I have a favorite chicken, but I do. When you hatch your first egg and it is born on your birthday kinda makes it a tiny bit more special. 10 days old today. Yay!
Happy VACATION!!!! Mine starts with school LOL!!!! and that isnt really vacation but it makes me feel good thinking it is so!! Yes very special birdy!!!!

Okay folks, update on the hen: managed to catch her finally, and got a good look. It could be a foreign body in the nasal passage (unlikely but not unheard of) or just avian pinkeye.

Having looked at it up close, the eye is swollen shut and is leaking clear fluid. Deffo pinkeye. Thanks @kwhites634 for convincing me to look into it more on my end, while the foreign body thing is a possibility with these things it IS a pretty uncommon thing. I've only heard of it being common in places like West Texas and farms out in the boonies.

Quote: @campingshaws this is a great deal! she has tested birds AND you can keep my roos and grow out her hens! jump on it! Thanks so much dax!!! hugs to you both!!

thanks Sally, i really like your thread. how do you make those little moving smileys?
Morning!!! @biophiliac you may need to post some more so they know you are not a spammer, then this should show up for you! Welcome to the thread and thanks!! You incubating at the moment?
frow.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
Hello, Darlin' Feelin' better?

Something went wrong with my hatch, one zipped so far then died, temp was 100 and humidity was 65, so that was fine, idk. I opened the egg anyway and it didn't have defects and nothing looked wrong. I have 7 more and hopefully they go much better or this may be my one and only time incubating eggs!
lower your temp to 99, and raise the humidity to low 70s
your calibrated correct?
also was it zipping and stopped? see this link to understand more on timing a zip should not take more than 60-90 minutes, but a pup much much longer.... see this IMPORTANT INFO= TIMELINES PIPS ZIPS!!! & MARKING AIR CELLS DAY 18, DRAW DOWN, INTERNAL PIP, EXTERNAL PIP, and ZIPPING post #35770
@teaton

Researchers have found that lowering temperatures will prolong incubation, HOWEVER it is favorable to do so at the end of incubation.

Day 19 & 20 Temp Min 98.0 Max 98.5

Day 21 Temp Min 97 Max 98.0

CLICK TO OPEN Medical HUMAN infrared thermometer (Click to show)
RANDOM POSTS FOR RANDOM PEOPLE ... AND CHAOS.

morning MC you need my addy to send cookies to? yums!!
Quote: pretty! mornin chaos

Quote: gotcha awesome!

Okay folks, update on the hen: managed to catch her finally, and got a good look. It could be a foreign body in the nasal passage (unlikely but not unheard of) or just avian pinkeye.

Having looked at it up close, the eye is swollen shut and is leaking clear fluid. Deffo pinkeye. Thanks @kwhites634 for convincing me to look into it more on my end, while the foreign body thing is a possibility with these things it IS a pretty uncommon thing. I've only heard of it being common in places like West Texas and farms out in the boonies.
I tagged you in kats post you see it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom