INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning y'all. River is down, I noticed yesterday. I'm sure it's down in Crowley by now. DH can tell me when he passes through to get our new pup. Love an impulse dog. :lol: I realized last night that my pup-sized kennel has the world's meanest broody on six eggs. So I've got a fun job today. :/
Didn't take long for me to have a 12x20 pad poured w/7 kennels on it. Made life a lot easier to clean when I could hose it down into the gutter. Had 17 dogs at one point, including 2 litters of small pups.
DH thinks this one will live outside at the farm. I really don't see that happening. I've never had an outside dog... Well, not since I was about 6. And we didn't keep it long. DH grew up with a farm/ranch lifestyle with farm dogs. But he'll get sad when he heard it crying out there by itself.

Good morning everyone!!!
frow.gif

thanks Sally, i really like your thread. how do you make those little moving smileys?
oops and ......
Welcome to the thread and BYC!!! Let us know whatcha got going on and what you have for a flock!
Hi Banty Chooks, i like ur posts, this is a fun group in general. As a confirmed hermit i rarely participate! lol

@biophiliac you are perfect here with me then, as I am also a confirmed hermit!! Seems many of us are pretty much hermitized! So the reach out to others is a plus in my life for sure!

DH thinks this one will live outside at the farm. I really don't see that happening. I've never had an outside dog... Well, not since I was about 6. And we didn't keep it long. DH grew up with a farm/ranch lifestyle with farm dogs. But he'll get sad when he heard it crying out there by itself.
My opinion is that it is only ever okay to have dogs outside when they are dogs plural. They are pack animals. We wouldn't do it to a bird, so why a dog?

Question..... One of the eggs pipped wrong side down, and by the time I found it it had flipped in the egg so its back was toward the pip. It is in the air cell and was tapping at the shell earlier, (it stopped) but I dunno if it has the strength to make another hole.... What do I do?
what happened with this? remember a mal is both internal and external pips!! takes a bit longer some times!!

I'd pull the top, but that's me lol sorry I am no help, at all when it comes to things like this
no pull the top off with a malposition silly Liz!!

rattle snake, yes. Rosy boa, no.

Yum!!
what happened with this?  remember a mal is both internal and external pips!!  takes a bit longer some times!!

no pull the top off with a malposition silly Liz!!

Not a malpo, just on the underside of the egg. It hatched okay after it turned back around and found the pip!

That will do it.

I'm guilty of not thinking of them as pets.
I work with a rare breed experiencing a genetic bottleneck. So for me, aside from selecting for breed standard traits, vigor is of utmost importance.

:thumbsup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom