INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Shalom shalom my freind!
frow.gif
Howdy, teacher guy

Okay folks, update on the hen: managed to catch her finally, and got a good look. It could be a foreign body in the nasal passage (unlikely but not unheard of) or just avian pinkeye.

Having looked at it up close, the eye is swollen shut and is leaking clear fluid. Deffo pinkeye. Thanks @kwhites634 for convincing me to look into it more on my end, while the foreign body thing is a possibility with these things it IS a pretty uncommon thing. I've only heard of it being common in places like West Texas and farms out in the boonies.
i hope you can get it cleared up for her, looks painful

mornin Paddler and everyone else! Paddler I know your peeves on outside cats. I am trying hard to let them stay downstairs but they keep wanting to comeupstairs and be killed by all the springers, is it possible to introduce kittens to five springers and not get them killed?

Currently Viewing

8 Members, 15 Guests
Chaos18 ChickenCanoe MommaHen2Four Sally Sunshine biophiliac campingshaws hippiestink kwhites634
Morning sally!
yes, you can but you have to keep a very close eye on the pups, kens idea may be better

It's my job to keep MiL distracted today. It's a surprise party, she has no idea. Muahahaha!
good luck!!!!

I have a broody that I haven't candled. I moved her yesterday because I found ants under her box. Did I post that pic here? I thought she wouldn't set, but she's stuck tight. She didn't even move when I gave her water. I think she's in lockdown.
i dont think u shared a pic
lol

I came home yesterday and my broody and her eggs were covered in ants! Thanks to the advice here, I sprinkled baking soda all around and this morning all the ants were gone :)
great!!!

GGD was here for the last 2 days while Momma worked. She's a cutie, but I didn't think to take any pictures for y'all. I'll have to rectify that next time.
yes, yes you will

2 more out! Lovely, clean hatches this go-round.... No open navels or excess gunk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom