INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gravel & sand are just going to sit there in piles, aren't they, 'til you can handle a shovel again?
NOPE! husband is off tomorrow-the are coming first thing in the am. He's not happy right now because its the first day of bow but I told him I will end up with a lot of dead chickens if this doesn't get done. I'm having a rough morning....
hit.gif
I am gonna post on our swap sites now and see if I can hire someone to do this.....

The gravel & sand are just going to sit there in piles, aren't they, 'til you can handle a shovel again?
and I am gonna be the best one handed shoveler you have ever seen even if its a tiny scoop at a time. My birds are my babies... so even if I can't do it I will find someone who can. That's owner responsibility and all the things you should consider when accepting responsibility for animals... Thus why the rules say to have to be at least 18 to accept live eggs!!! I just spent $300 for 6 yards of pea gravel, sand and barrier and will drop another $100 at the feed store. ANIMALS ARE AN EXPENSIVE AND BIG RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!! IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD SHIPPING YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS GETTING MORE BIRDS!!!!!

Thats been my problem-just got over it and afraid its starting again........ will the pea gravel and sand with the barrier between that and the ground fix the problem?
it should
hugs.gif

droolin.gif

Hmmm, I do have a few bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer....
seeeee, yumm
fl.gif

want my address?

let the chickens spread it out lol

NOPE! husband is off tomorrow-the are coming first thing in the am. He's not happy right now because its the first day of bow but I told him I will end up with a lot of dead chickens if this doesn't get done. I'm having a rough morning....
hit.gif
I am gonna post on our swap sites now and see if I can hire someone to do this.....
poor guy, good thing he loves you

ZOMG! I'm dying! First Araucana is out and is screaming (for me I'm assuming)... It had a pip when I got home, and I was talking/encouraging the first Wyandotte who pip'd and keeps banging its nostrils against the shell, and it went nuts n zipped out fast (20min, the Araucana) and is trying to climb the wall to get to me... I'm tearing up, it's killing me to say "no, you're wet"

...oh is my will being tested...
Try dropping the temp a degree or two. It looks very humid in there. Perhaps it is hard to breathe.

It is jumping and hitting the lid...could it hurt itself doing this? God this sucks!
When they get antsy like that, I turn the lights out and let them sleep. They've worked hard getting out and if it's dark they'll sleep like babies. Oh, yeah, they are babies.

let me guess that is a gun and I have not seen it even though I have a 410 rifle
Quote:
well the 410 is a shotgun must've got my guns mixed up sorry
No worries runt. Rifles have a single projectile. Shotguns have a shell that contains multiple pellets called shot. The shot begins to spread as it leaves the barrel. That's why they are also called scatterguns. Shotguns can also have a single projectile called a slug.
Another difference is that rifles have spiral grooves in the barrel that cause the bullet to spin as it travels down the barrel which gives it stability so it travels in a straight trajectory without tumbling. Those twisting grooves are called rifling.

Yes it really was. I was so mad at the ants. I'm from California. Was born and raised...we do not have fire ants. I hate them. I love to be barefoot everywhere...nope not here in SC. Watch out when wearing flip flops too. They're terrible. Smallest things ever with a humongous wrath.
I recall camping with red ants in CA when I was a kid. I don't remember where the campgrounds were but it was close to Arizona and they were scary.
Thanks to global warming they're expected to expand their range reaching as far north as Maryland in the east and all the way to Oregon in the west. Luckily none coming to MO any time soon.

Lol How come not?? Too loud and too powerful?? I dig it!! Also love my hubs 30 O'6!!! And deer season is open so yay!!! Now,I've gotta catch up to me hubs! Although I will say,we are picky about what we harvest. We do not believe in 'if it's brown,it's down'. No sirry....we have standards.
1f917.png
My patience will be rewarded! Yay me!!
Good for you.

$2.00 when the white eggs are close to three. Tried the honor system. Neighbors were taking them all.
The AI outbreak last year boosted egg prices around the country. Someone at the bar asked me how much I sold eggs for. I said I usually don't sell eating eggs but if I do, they're $4. He looked shocked and told me about a store that had them for $1.50. I told him to buy them. I also explained that egg farms can't raise them for that price so these stores use them as a loss leader cutting the price and taking a loss to get people to come in and buy the rest of their crap they can make a profit on.

Ahhhhhhh I understand. My 12 gauge had the worst recoil Bc it's a 3 inch magnum shell! I had to have my hub install a recoil pad. (Aka:sissy pad
1f635.png
). It helps tremendously!! My 270 isn't bad. That or I'm just used to it.
1f60a.png
And I haven't any meat on my bones in my shoulder/arm area. So I'd feel every little bit of it bad.
Anyone ever fire a 10 gauge? I haven't but my uncle had one and I can only imagine the recoil.

No honor system here. Fortunately
We sold our vegetables on the honor system. I'd put the harvest table out before I went to work with scale, prices and a cigar box for money. Wife would pick veggies before it got hot and load the table. Then she'd go into the AC when she was pregnant. I'd put everything away when I got home and collect the money. Never got ripped off.
A guy on the next road over sells honey on the honor system. He has a cooler out next to his driveway with pints, quarts, etc.. He's been doing that for at least 30 years. I don't know if he's lost money but the last time I talked to him about 10 years ago, he hadn't.
Closer to the middle of town there is another honey vendor on the honor system. The stand is on a ramp onto the interstate. It's been there years too.

Humidity is 50% what should it be
I've never hatched AC eggs but I would make it much lower.

lau.gif
The doves have figured out that I am keeping the food and water in the coop (again) now. They can be found in the actual coop now when they are not in the storage area with Kelly.
I have a big problem with sparrows flying into buildings for feed.

i thought she did.

He definitely needs to listen to her, if he's going to hatch these eggs.

I know eggs can require different levels of humidity based on breed and egg size, and if she took the time to write him something specific to his eggs...he should follow it.
Doesn't take direction or advice very well. That's why everyone uses such large font sizes when posting to him.

Thank you. After having the Wyandotte chick with the others, including the WTB, I've confirm my suspicions that's its feet look huge too. Pretty sure they're swollen. It has a small air sac on the right side of its neck as well... This chick is about 1/4 size bigger than the others, and came from a large egg...not sure if any of that factors into anything... Every time I go back to sleep its managed to flip over n start screamin...
sad.png
Work is going to SUCK tomorrow.
Bigger egg, bigger chick. Wyandottes are a large breed too. I doubt its problems standing up are size related.

Quote:
mice. I hate mice. the mice and the mosquitos are the two things I hate the most about the country. (okay, and ticks... and wasps, and scorpions... and...)

But I have chickens? That makes everything all better?

And, I don't know. I think it's supposed to be 90-98 all week, so no rain this week. Just warm, humid weather.
For me it's the ticks and chiggers. They love me but the feeling isn't mutual.

My husband was furious when they began fixing company trucks to only go 67, then 62. He likes to go so fast, the cops can't keep up.
Our trucks in the Army were governed to 55mph. They could sometimes be pushed to 58. It makes for a long day when you have a couple hundred miles to travel on the Autobahn when the cars are racing past at 80-100.

ira:
LMBO! I'll admit...my husband did some of that too only when a fellow trucker was being a douchebag.(not to the point of causing danger to anyone though). My husband would be an excellent trainer. Then again....he probably would yell at the people for gear grinding!! Ha ha! No no everybody does that a time or two!
I was a driving instructor back in the mid '70s.

Quote:
gig.gif
We were going over Donner's, and over the CB you hear a Californian freaking out! There was a dusting (I do mean just a dusting!) of snow, and he was out of his mind!!
They were probably from Louisiana or Florida.

"Donner, party of 18, your table is ready."

Quote:
I can't decide if that's insanely brave or just insane....
The good thing about driving insanely fast is the when you wreck, you aren't suffering, you just die.

There is no speed limit on the Autobahn. It is glass smooth and better than any highway I've been on in the U.S.. The speeds are outrageous though. I'd have the pedal to the metal the entire time I'd be on it and my 1700 cc VW wagon was passed like it was standing still. Thanks to the quality of the roads and the quality of the Audis, BMWs and Mercedes, there were few accidents. However, if there was an accident, no one emerged alive. The cars looked like they had been through one of those crushers at a junkyard.

Snakes keep the house mouse population in check here; still have some, but not quite as many. Don't know that I wouldn't prefer the mice over the snakes, but we can't seem to get rid of them. Don't see them that often, but saw one a couple weeks ago; finding shed skins all the time!
I'm very content with the snakes. They sometimes startle me when I encounter them but that's about it.

I'm with you on the snakes. It takes me at least 30 minutes to work up the nerve to go in my crawlspace. Was in there back a few years ago and as I was crawling around getting to the back corner of the house I happened to look up and no more than a foot from my face was a shed wrapped around the dryer vent face part hanging down staring at me. EHHH not a fan.
Caught a baby one in the house on a mouse glue trap. Pretty sure it was coming in after the mice but it didn't make it out. We seem to get a new batch that comes in each year when they harvest the fields around our house.
I hate crawl spaces. Give me full basements.

Veteran drivers are some of the best drivers on the road. The ones that worry me are the younger ones. I got to talking to a trucker at a truck stop once. I told him we were headed to OK City and I couldn't make heads or tails of the way around St. Louis. He told me to follow him & he'd get us around. I could barely keep his tail lights in sight in my little Datsun sometimes, & had her wound up as tight as she'd go, but we made it to OK City in record time.
It can be a bit confusing with the convergence of so many interstates and the roundabouts. I'll guide you through next time.

It'll be fine if the thermo says 99 at night and 100.5 during the day. Most thermos are only calibrated to + or - 1 degree so your actual temperature could be just enough between those two numbers to make it keep switching.
I think most are SUPPOSED to be +/- 2F but most don't make that spec and that is way off for incubation.

We get the rat snakes (also known locally as corn snakes), I've killed them up to 6' in the house. I let them alone outside, but I don't want 'em in the house with us, regardless of how well they control meeces.
Snakes in the house isn't good.
I found a skin in the basement and a big dead snake in the space between the roof rafters and ceiling joists when replacing the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom