INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mornin @Saris
hugs.gif
I will make another thread for just chit chat... as soon as I think up a name sweets.
The Incubation Chat-athon.
woot.gif
Or something like that...lol

That's what I have in my incubator. I only blew the breaker twice and shocked myself once while wiring it!
lau.gif

It works great now that it's wired properly though
big_smile.png
Why do people handle live wires like they're venomous snakes? Isn't it easier to flip a breaker first??? That said... I wired my coop yesterday while the power was still on. I took precautionary measures... which amounts to leather gloves while connecting wires inside the junction box. Smart... very smart!!!

When it comes to getting something to work right, my motto is: "When all else fails... read the instructions."

Yes. I have to have a nice gentle touch. I really take my time. After delicately rubbing all the metal part down with solvent, I pat it down until it's dry. Then comes the lubricant. I really lube it all down real good. Making sure all parts move freely with the slightest touch. Oh I think I may be in the mood now.
gig.gif
th.gif
duc.gif

Why do people handle live wires like they're venomous snakes? Isn't it easier to flip a breaker first??? That said... I wired my coop yesterday while the power was still on. I took precautionary measures... which amounts to leather gloves while connecting wires inside the junction box. Smart... very smart!!!

When it comes to getting something to work right, my motto is: "When all else fails... read the instructions."
Turn in your man card

Quote: Yes, sometimes the connection speed slows down, rebooting the router seems to fix it.
If you're missing something, I am, too. Never heard of Amish with computers.
You'd be surprised.
Quote: If you have time later, my dishwasher won't go into the wash cycle. It appears to be stuck on the sit and knit in front of the TV cycle.

New here! Looks like. A fun place to read, learn celebrate victories and lament the failures.
Not just new here but never hatched an egg before 3 weeks ago. So sadly I emptied an incubator this morning some snowflakes and butler bobs that I think I over cooked after a night where I saw 106 degrees on some kind of spike, have 2 styrofoam incubators still air side to side in wife's craft room, both jumped up so I don't know if a spike in elec can do that or what but beside the possibility of a few other minor errors turning 180, not letting delivered eggs sit 24. But I'll except it as learning and press on. Hope it's ok to ask about quail in here.
I've only hatched corturnix, and I tried buttons once.

An old friend dropped by today. Said he'd spotted something at TSC awhile back, thought of me, but didn't get it. He obviously change his mind over the weekend, because today he walked in with a plaque for my coop. That was very thoughtful of him... the coop needed a little sprucing up!!!
big_smile.png

Looks good, nice friend.

Well the problems came when I tried to plug the thing in to see if it would work. The first two times I blew the breaker I had created a feedback loop which caused it to overload the system. When I shocked myself, that was mostly me being careless, I got excited that I finally got the thing to work and picked up the outlet I had wired it to. Not the first time I've been shocked, probably won't be the last
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom