INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, the full 18 days of incubation will be at 6:42am on Sunday. Should I lockdown right then or will it matter if it happens a few hours later? So far 26 are showing good veins or movement and I don't want to fudge it up by locking down at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, today is day 20 and nothing yet.
roll.png
I'm dying here!
This is completely anecdotal, but in my 3 hatches I had 27/45 hatch with a balanced number of cockerels and pullets, then 5/10 hatch with 4/5 cockerels, then 2/24 hatch with unknown number of cockerels. The best hatch was my first and they all pipped/hatched on day 21 and 22. My worst hatches the pippers and hatchers all happened before day 21. This is the toughest day of waiting, but you have probably done well with your incubation and waiting is a good thing right now.

Temp is stable at 100 right now, im happy with that. Its forced air. Eggs seem fine. Im really excited about my white leghorns and BCM. And I guess ill start selling fertile eggs too! Im going to go take some photos of my roosters :)

and the run of the yard too! sweet!
Ahhh! Husband did his technomagic and managed to rig the downstairs store's wifi to work up in our apartment! Caught up here, now to catch up with the HAL and some other threads!
send him over here!

I'll ask around town and see if anyone has hatching eggs. I hadn't thought of that, stupidly. I'm printing out the hatching 101 thread. I need all the help I can get.
thumbsup.gif

Oh my goodness, today is day 20 and nothing yet.
roll.png
I'm dying here!
its ok, there is nothing you can do anyways, its ok its ok, your time was day 1 to 18 its there time now, its ok!!!!

Quick question, the full 18 days of incubation will be at 6:42am on Sunday. Should I lockdown right then or will it matter if it happens a few hours later? So far 26 are showing good veins or movement and I don't want to fudge it up by locking down at the wrong time.
am is fine, dont overthink it get up at 8am and lock them down I write on the calender SET AM or SET PM and then on day 18
I WRITE LOCKDOWN PM or LOCKDOWN AM I dont write a time down (bantams I do this on day 17)

Temp is stable at 100 right now, im happy with that. Its forced air. Eggs seem fine. Im really excited about my white leghorns and BCM. And I guess ill start selling fertile eggs too! Im going to go take some photos of my roosters
smile.png
highfive.gif

and the run of the yard too! sweet!
send him over here!

:thumbsup

its ok, there is nothing you can do anyways, its ok its ok, your time was day 1 to 18  its there time now, its ok!!!! 

am is fine,  dont overthink it    get up at 8am and lock them down    I write on the calender  SET AM  or SET PM  and then on day 18 
I WRITE LOCKDOWN PM or LOCKDOWN AM  I dont write a time down (bantams I do this on day 17)

:highfive:
thanks

Doesn't really matter. Read your air cells and let them tell you.

chickenhawk, love your layer birds. I love the Sexlinks and the leghorns for my layers! An egg a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom