INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your eggs J&T, Kathy, and cl!!!
thumbsup.gif
Thank You

Morning everyone, our chicks are due tomorrow and I'm super pumped!! Last question before I start this new chapter of raising chicks and chickens.

So after looking at the gloomy cold weather I've decided to raise my chicks inside, in a brooder and not outside with the flock. It's just to cold out I think for the cute little guys.

Now should I be okay bringing in the hen as well for the first two weeks, then placing her back outside with her flock?

Does anybody know of a good app or spreadsheet for keeping track of what chicken is laying??
Do they make something like that?
All three of my hens are laying now, and I caught Greyling on the nest today so I can finally tell her eggs apart from Girlfeathers. Yippie!
ya.gif
I see they gotcha with that ap!

Quote:
[COLOR=000000]I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Informational[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Post Links from this entire thread[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=000000]for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:[/COLOR]​
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

yes please @Chaos18
where was I?

had to bring that up didncha

I think a bunch of us have eggs sitting in there brewing, not much to discuss with mine, they still look like eggs and all seems stable

pigeon? this is gonna be fun!

@Saris
someone needs a lesson on shipping, you all need to ask how you want your eggs and its worth it to pay a bit more to get them
[COLOR=FF0000]REQUEST HOW TO GET SHIPPED EGGS PEOPLE[/COLOR] post #1050

fl.gif
Thank you!!! Yes... I didn't want to ask questions when I didn't have anything as exciting going on as you all did. If something curious came up, I'd consult the very thing you've quoted me here when you'd point someone else to it.... As for Gotro17- it's phonetic for my maiden name, and 17 was my jersey number in college (Hint: Fight On!
1f60a.png
)... My name is Shellee- so nice to meet you all. Praying for not too tattered air cells, for sure. We've been running the bator and the temps and humidity have been perfect and steady. I took out the turner and cut holes in the bottoms of the carton(s)... I'm all dresses up with nowhere to go!
1f602.png
awesome! I knew Shellee is your name I just wasnt sure it was ok for me to use it. Some people have gotten weird with that over the years, even if they have it in their profile! So I like to ask first! You sure are all dressed up! and love that you do your homework before jumpin in!
highfive.gif

Now we're getting somewhere!
highfive.gif
What's everyone have in the bator?

I've got 12 self blue Cochin bantams (shipped) day 3 (going to candle today to see how many are viable).... And 18 eggs arriving in the mail tomorrow
1f604.png
Black sex links but some may hatch white/yellow. I had 6 hatch with 4 black sex link and 2 unknown. one or two of the BR hens have some RIR in them.

Quote: I use a baby video monitor that has that night vision, put it to good use in the chick brooders in case a lamp blows I know it. something like this but mine is 10 years plus old, CL always has them listed for sale!

First_Alert_Digital_Wireless_Baby_Monitor_with_Night_Vision673Detail.jpg

Morning everyone, our chicks are due tomorrow and I'm super pumped!! Last question before I start this new chapter of raising chicks and chickens.

So after looking at the gloomy cold weather I've decided to raise my chicks inside, in a brooder and not outside with the flock. It's just to cold out I think for the cute little guys.

Now should I be okay bringing in the hen as well for the first two weeks, then placing her back outside with her flock?
I would think so, just try to acclimate her before doing so.

At least you coulda put them in the guest bathroom tub! :gig

It's entirely possible but highly unlikely.

Clean up should be a breeze after I remove the shavings........just turn on the shower. :lau

Than where would she take a bath?

Well our 2nd bathroom is the kids' bath/ shower lol. Now I'm sure they would love having the chicks in their bathroom, but I have to keep the chickies in mine so I can keep the door closed to keep our cats away from them. Luckily our master bath also has a seperate shower so it's all good!
1f604.png

Hi Shellee! Do you have any connection to Israel? Your name is a very Israeli name! שלי
the meaning of it is : mine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom