INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I think my chick is gone for good. No sign of her this morning still and there was a **** stray cat in the yard. You guys think a cat could take a 2 month chick? My cats have never been interested in them, so I didn't even consider it.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I'd think a grown cat that's been feral for any length of time & catching its own food or going hungry, would have little problem taking down a full-grown chicken, 'specially if it was able to sneak up on her. A couple of my cats literally grew up in the chicken house, so I can understand your feelings about them. Sorry you had to lose a good bird to learn a hard lesson.

Does anybody know of a good app or spreadsheet for keeping track of what chicken is laying??
Do they make something like that?
All three of my hens are laying now, and I caught Greyling on the nest today so I can finally tell her eggs apart from Girlfeathers. Yippie!
ya.gif

Does anybody know of a good app or spreadsheet for keeping track of what chicken is laying??
 All three of my hens are laying now, and I caught Greyling on the nest today so I can finally tell her eggs apart from Girlfeathers.  Yippie!:ya

I make my own... Works great.

Sorry, cant stay, im busy! :frow

All three of my hens are laying now, and I caught Greyling on the nest today so I can finally tell her eggs apart from Girlfeathers. Yippie!
ya.gif
I use Bellsouth Hatchabatch. It was free, from the google store. I have an android phone. If you have an Iphone, there are different apps that seem to be better than this one.

I like mine - I can add notes to each batch. It notifies me when it's time to candle, etc.

I use Bellsouth Hatchabatch. It was free, from the google store. I have an android phone. If you have an Iphone, there are different apps that seem to be better than this one.

I like mine - I can add notes to each batch. It notifies me when it's time to candle, etc.
Sorry, I now see you are looking to track the laying of the eggs, not the hatching of the eggs...

ok I wont @gotro17 total lurker? you had no questions ? :idunno you have a name you want us to call you by or just gotro? @gotro17 your situation is going to be different because of the length of time en-route. Its best to candle your eggs upright dont teeter totter them to candle, mark air cells and set them, age is a factor so set them few hours after you get them when they are room temperature so they dont condensate. Set upright and the loose air cells do so without turning or tilting them. I would start gently side to side tilt only the good eggs after the first 12 hours in the bator. whatever you do, keep the whacked air cells upright even during candle, dont turn them and tilt them for sake of looking into them. I would forget about candling until day 10 and over them in the bator. day 10 pull dead or clears. if your not sure keep them in after giving them a sniff. As eggs age the ph in the albumen and tons of other things change in these eggs. sounds like these will have pretty big air cells to boot. Make sure your thermo/hygros are calibrated, heat at 100-100.5 fan model, and you may have to run a bit more humidity but you wont know that until you get your eggs. Hope this makes sense, I have a heck of a headache today so trying to kick it out, sorry I wasnt on earlier. Chicks are always an option too by the way. you can spend tons more on several batches of eggs shipped AND TIME? when those chicks could be growing out already. sometimes chicks are the best way to go if possible. INCUBATION [COLOR=008080]NEW TO INCUBATION SEE:[/COLOR] Hatching Eggs 101 & reply to post #113 [COLOR=FF0000]Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! [/COLOR]post #23032 & Hatching Eggs 101 [COLOR=008080]SEVERELY Shipped and DAMAGED POLISH EGGS! [/COLOR]post #30250 [COLOR=008080]What is actually the first day of incubation and how to figure out hatch dates[/COLOR]: start post #17502 [COLOR=008080]Figure out your hatch times Hatch / Egg Turning Chart[/COLOR] http://homesteadapps.com/app/free/hatchchart/hatchturnscheentry.php [COLOR=008080]LINKS TO POST RESULTS ROUND OVAL = FEMALE MALE EGGS[/COLOR] post #7595 [COLOR=008080]A great place to find eggs CHEAP! [/COLOR] post #7755 Julian date is the date they were packaged. It is a 3 digit number eggs sell by dates chart post #27571 post #27580 [COLOR=008080]Hatch / Egg Turning Chart[/COLOR][COLOR=FF0000] click HERE: [/COLOR] Hatch Chart Schedule [COLOR=008080]Setting Chicken Eggs by the Moon's Sign farmers Almanac[/COLOR] see HERE [COLOR=008080]Hatchabatch AP Keeping track of your hatch! see here[/COLOR] [COLOR=008080]Embryonic Development, Day by Day IMAGES/info on vitellus internalization [/COLOR] click HERE [COLOR=000000]GREAT all around DUCK incubation methods[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-and-hatching-muscovy-eggs[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] (Muscovy~ yinepu)[/COLOR] @yinepu [COLOR=008080]Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks provides vital information for anyone wanting to keep ducks.[/COLOR] HERE Printable Month Calendar This app can be used to generate a planning calendar for a selected month and year. [COLOR=008080]HOW to figure out HATCH RATE[/COLOR] post #4601 [COLOR=008080]approach for incubating in the winter[/COLOR] post #24433 Fertility CALCULATIONS a clear egg not always infert! post #25419 post #25571 post #25639 post #25652 post #25658 results post #25669 incubation process / Hatching video Hatching of Parrot (Rcom MAX 20) post #25780 another vid post #25793

[COLOR=FF0000]UPDATE:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]Informational[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]Post Links from this entire thread[/COLOR]​

[COLOR=000000]for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:[/COLOR]​

yes please @Chaos18 where was I? had to bring that up didncha I think a bunch of us have eggs sitting in there brewing, not much to discuss with mine, they still look like eggs and all seems stable pigeon? this is gonna be fun! @Saris someone needs a lesson on shipping, you all need to ask how you want your eggs and its worth it to pay a bit more to get them [COLOR=FF0000]REQUEST HOW TO GET SHIPPED EGGS PEOPLE[/COLOR] post #1050 :fl
Thank you!!! Yes... I didn't want to ask questions when I didn't have anything as exciting going on as you all did. If something curious came up, I'd consult the very thing you've quoted me here when you'd point someone else to it.... As for Gotro17- it's phonetic for my maiden name, and 17 was my jersey number in college (Hint: Fight On!
1f60a.png
)... My name is Shellee- so nice to meet you all. Praying for not too tattered air cells, for sure. We've been running the bator and the temps and humidity have been perfect and steady. I took out the turner and cut holes in the bottoms of the carton(s)... I'm all dresses up with nowhere to go!
1f602.png

yea they do chaos, think I am doing sumthin wrong?
It's entirely possible but highly unlikely.

Aw sorry to hear your shipped eggs didn't fare well. It's tough when we have to rely on shipped eggs for breeds we want. Hope your mixed eggs do well!
Good luck!!
Yeah mine were in a large box first but they were getting too rambunctious so I had to load up the tub with shavings and turn them loose in there until this harsh cold passes then I can get them moved out.
I figure a shower stall would work pretty well for you! They are easier than a wood brooder to clean, that's for sure!

@Sally Sunshine
hugs.gif
Hi Sally!!! Congrats on your Educator badge
1f604.png
Clean up should be a breeze after I remove the shavings........just turn on the shower.
lau.gif

At least you coulda put them in the guest bathroom tub!
gig.gif
Than where would she take a bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom