INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we're getting somewhere! :highfive: What's everyone have in the bator?

I've got 12 self blue Cochin bantams (shipped) day 3 (going to candle today to see how many are viable).... And 18 eggs arriving in the mail tomorrow
1f604.png

I have 40 eggs in the bator. Though 10 are shipped and 9 of those seem to be duds or very early deaths. The rest are mixes and seem fine.

Last edited:
ok I wont

yes please @Chaos18 where was I?

had to bring that up didncha

I think a bunch of us have eggs sitting in there brewing, not much to discuss with mine, they still look like eggs and all seems stable
Well you was off doing shtuff of course. And yes I did have to bring that up besides you should know better than to ask a silly question to me. Wait your eggs look like eggs?
ep.gif

@Sally Sunshine Had I placed the order I would've may a few changes indeed. Unfortunately my Father-in-Law placed it and tends to think he knows better. He won't even let me write down instructions, I usually end up telling his wife who then gets him to listen. Too late for these eggs, hopefully I can source some Bantam Phoenix chicks or eggs for them from some where closer. These came from Virginia.

Well I think my chick is gone for good.  No sign of her this morning still and there was a **** stray cat in the yard.  You guys think a cat could take a 2 month chick?  My cats have never been interested in them, so I didn't even consider it.  ​
:hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit :hit  ​

So sorry Veny

A cat will kill things larger than a 2 month chick so it is a possibility. :hugs

I know where the nest is, but it's so poorly made that the eggs keep rolling out. Will try to fix it today, 'cause they will do a much better job raising it than I can.

It's DeCarlo and Heppner's that live up the street. They used to have thousands of pigeons, but lost a bunch in a fire.

-Kathy

Birds in general are so dusty, that a fire is always just waiting to happen. About like a horse barn with hay and bedding all over the place, hard to keep clean is a understatement!
I hope that you can fix the nest!
Scott

What's sad is that they started the fire. They were using blow torches to burn poop off wire and it turned into a massive fire.

-kathy

Thanks, Ur! Hope you post pics of their new grow out area when you get it finished. Are you making another duplex?
Since I have 15 (1 month old plus) chicks in the same space as the 7 babies, I think I'm going two-story with the current brooder. Considering building a 2'x4' box on top of the brooder to hold the 7 babies. The 4'x4' space will get crowded soon enough with 15 BPR, but hopefully it'll get them by until I can come up with something larger...

Last edited:
I am I sooo nervous. My friend gave me a legbar to hatch since she hasn't got one too make it. Any recommendations for legbar eggs?
you just hatching one? cant give you recommendations on a single egg its the majority that matters

Well I think my chick is gone for good. No sign of her this morning still and there was a **** stray cat in the yard. You guys think a cat could take a 2 month chick? My cats have never been interested in them, so I didn't even consider it.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
cats love chickens

Well you was off doing shtuff of course. And yes I did have to bring that up besides you should know better than to ask a silly question to me. Wait your eggs look like eggs?
ep.gif
yea they do chaos, think I am doing sumthin wrong?

@Sally Sunshine Had I placed the order I would've may a few changes indeed. Unfortunately my Father-in-Law placed it and tends to think he knows better. He won't even let me write down instructions, I usually end up telling his wife who then gets him to listen. Too late for these eggs, hopefully I can source some Bantam Phoenix chicks or eggs for them from some where closer. These came from Virginia.
oh!!!!! I am sorry saris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom