INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just candled it again and I saw movement! Whew! Prob one reason not to candle... You get paranoid.
If it makes you feel any better, I never saw anything throughout the hatch except the air cells; no veins, no movement, no nothing, I laid it on not having the best light in the world. I had 3 hatch out of the six I set; one clear, two DIS. I left everything tha hadn't yet hatched in for 2 extra days b4 I tossed them; no stinkers (no cracks/weepers, though).

Last edited:
Yes I would say it's best to just leave them now I will be handling on day ten and eighteen before lockdown I'm on day five now

If it makes you feel any better, I never saw anything throughout the hatch except the air cells; no veins, no movement, no nothing, I laid it on not having the best light in the world. I had 3 hatch out of the six I set; one clear, two DIS. I left everything tha hadn't yet hatched in for 2 extra days b4 I tossed them; no stinkers (no cracks/weepers, though).

Oh wow! That's crazy. Sorry what does DIS mean?

And darn, now that I think about it, I took out 2 on day 7 after candling because they showed no development, no veining, or anything at all. Just assumed they were not fertile and I didn't even crack them open to confirm. Just tossed them.
1f623.png

But knowing my girls' eggs are fertile would it be so terrible if a couple eggs magically fell into a running bator? I mean if I'm not hatching I'm researching more breeds and my list gets longer lol

Eta: BTW have I mentioned DH2B started this when he wanted to buy the incubator and the first chickens? I just did the research and maybe added a couple dozen more chickens to his number. It's paying off though. We're ready to sell eggs, and we just got a new layer today(idk if its a self blue oegb or a buff silkie as those appear to be the only other two ready in that group.) And we'll never go hungry lol but we may still be poor until eggs start selling
wink.png
oh my yes! all those eggs you could be practicing on getting ready for spring hatching! the waste!
ep.gif
and all those people waiting on CL to purchase little chicks that cannot hatch them for themselves!
hit.gif

I know never candle when you're drinking. . I dropped one..
Come to think of it I should never candle

Hooray, now leave them alone!
remember those words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom