INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
South central WI and Sally you need to talk to my DH2B lol no its better this way because we brood them in the sun porch but the sun porch is not insulated well at all the older ones in there now are okay at night with a heat lamp going. Of course we've also only had two nights that got below freezing so far (very very odd and a nice surprise for this year)

Is this a blood ring?

Are your eggs in a turner? Can make them look different than ones that are laid on their sides and hand turned. These look fine, either way. :) Not seeing a blood ring at all.

I've been reading through the thread and I WAS doing so good without hatching and having NO withdrawals...but now I have the itch!!! I wish I could hatch for someone else! Anyone ever put an ad on CL offering hatching services?

I've been reading through the thread and I WAS doing so good without hatching and having NO withdrawals...but now I have the itch!!! I wish I could hatch for someone else! Anyone ever put an ad on CL offering hatching services?
I was thinking along those same lines just 2 days ago, but haven't acted on it yet. Not sure how many chicken people there are around here.

Well the deal was I'm done hatching until spring and then he enables me lol. I have a list of breeds I want and a friend I've made on BYC that wants to see the effects of shipping eggs so she's sending them to me and whatever hatches are mine. But most of those breeds probably will be next fall at the earliest. Also I'm super wanting some Hedamoras, ccl, interested in bielefelders, Andalusians, campines, Buttercups, of cochins and several others. Basically I have a list of breeds I want and next to it I have the number. Most of these breeds are more of a trial and I want a hen or two(although I know its quite a small window) some of them I think I would like to breed. Eventually though I would like as many egg colors as possible. Who knows. Blues greens pinks browns chocolates maybe even plum and some white. Idk we'll see what I can find. We also want some ducks for eggs and pets mostly pets maybe a few for meat, I've never had duck. But I love when Cayougas lay black or almost black shelled eggs that would be cool in an egg basket. In the future I plan of course to have a better idea of what we like and breed a few breeds to sell. But also raising our own chickens for eggs and meat. Once of course we get a better idea what we want. We also hopefully will be trying a few langshan(fingers crossed for plum eggs) dorkings brahmas and a couple other breeds. Right now we have 5 slw(4 pullets and a cockeral- who may be dinner before too long), 2 buff Orpingtons, 4 isa browns(tractor supply sold out of white rocks and we had to get at least 6 chicks but they've been great I love them although ones kinda antisocial and one has an obsession with picking/pecking at your clothes), a wheaten or bbr(can't tell which) oegb cockeral, a golden laced sebright, and 4 Easter eggers in the main flock.

We also have six silkies(2 pullets 2 cockerals, 2 sending me mixed signals lol) a bantam barred cochin pullet and a self blue oegb pullet.

Then we have two black oegbs a pair, that I hatched from eggs(2) that we received from from a friend. They're supposed to be show quality and I rather think they are.

Then we have some black orps and orp mixes 3 pure black(father was split to lavender) 50% English orps
And three mixes with the same father. Two with a ccl mother and one with a white mother that laid pink eggs. Out of the six it looks like one little orp cockeral and one EE(orp/ccl) sex linked cockeral. The orp/ccl pullet has her Mommy's crest BTW so adorable. These six chicks were given to me by a BYCer after my flopped hatch and are almost 6 weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom