INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I settle in here with you guys for a while?
smile.png

I told my hubs I was "just going to do a test hatch" for the NYD HAL. That was two hatches ago and 24 chicks later
hide.gif
big_smile.png
I've still got 4 more batches of eggs to hatch (2 under broodies and 2 in the incubator).
In my defense, I did some serious flock reduction in the fall to cut the winter feed bill and so I can focus on one project and not many. Obviously my test hatch had good results, fertility has been great and the girls are laying well, so......I'm just over here collecting and marking eggs, popping them under hens or in the incubator
yippiechickie.gif

I'm hatching Silkies and Sizzles
love.gif
Not sure how settling it will be, but welcome just the same
frow.gif

I went down to he coop. And I find my two Roos who have lived in harmony together for a year dueling it out! The older one wasn't cut up as bad, but the younger one was pretty bad. Cleaned there wounds applied vertrycin they seem fine except for bruising! These guys are driving me crazy!

Will a hen lay on just one egg or do they wait till they have a bunch eggs before they lay on them

Last edited:
Ok besides screws with or without nuts depending on type you'll need spacers on each screw that can be an even number of washers hard tubing or stay anything to keep in between the fan and lid you want a space no smaller than 1/2 inch and probably no larger than an inch. If you can't find screws you could thread a old wire hanger through instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom