INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo!

big_smile.png

Quote: yes heat lamps for these littles here, regardless of feathering esp frizzled

Can I settle in here with you guys for a while?
smile.png

I told my hubs I was "just going to do a test hatch" for the NYD HAL. That was two hatches ago and 24 chicks later
hide.gif
big_smile.png
I've still got 4 more batches of eggs to hatch (2 under broodies and 2 in the incubator).
In my defense, I did some serious flock reduction in the fall to cut the winter feed bill and so I can focus on one project and not many. Obviously my test hatch had good results, fertility has been great and the girls are laying well, so......I'm just over here collecting and marking eggs, popping them under hens or in the incubator
yippiechickie.gif

I'm hatching Silkies and Sizzles
love.gif
Welcome!
frow.gif
@howfunkyisurchicken ADDICTED!!!
yesss.gif
bun.gif
good luck babies!!! adding you to our hatch list!

I went down to he coop. And I find my two Roos who have lived in harmony together for a year dueling it out! The older one wasn't cut up as bad, but the younger one was pretty bad. Cleaned there wounds applied vertrycin they seem fine except for bruising! These guys are driving me crazy!
oh no sweets!! @shahtir101 is it the serama? they are terrible fighters those roos! they can get along and then bam one is dead in there, your lucky you caught it!

Hi there, Can someone please recommend a great incubator for Muscovy Duck Eggs please? And any helpful tips for a successful hatching? Thanks so much!! :)
Welcome @Phoenix Native
frow.gif
we have a huge area that I add to all about incubators, I dont believe one is better or not for Ducks, Cooling feature is probably very useful, like some of the newer brinseas have!

INCUBATORS
CHOOSING an INCUBATOR post #1901
Hova Bator Poultry Egg Incubators HERE
INCUBATOR IDEAS AND HOW TO: post #657 and CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR ~ CoolerBATOR ~ post #1456 post #3123 post #1062 post #24900
Incubator Accessories HERE
  1. Egg Turners (16)
  2. Fan Kits (6)
  3. Egg Candlers (3)
  4. Egg Incubator Thermostats (11)
  5. Humidity Control (3)
  6. Thermometers & Hygrometers (9)
  7. Replacement Parts (35)
  8. DIY Incubator Parts & Kits (45)
  9. IncuKits (7)
ozexpat switching out thermostats in styros post #1788 & post #1505 Getting the Flock out of Here
ADDING FANS to BATORS fans are important: start at post #33174 post #33200 post #32613 post #1213 and post #1396 post #24219
FAN MOUNTING hardware post #33245 post #33279
HOW TO WIRE FAN: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/315773/computer-fans-in-the-incubator-how-to-rewire
Incubator Warehouse 3 VIDEOS on FAN install post #33206
http://www.amazon.com/Circulated-Little-Giant-9300-Incubator/dp/B000HHS7XI
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIRCULATED-...ULTRY-CHICKEN-REPTILE-INCUBATOR-/141288444585
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/601352/little-giant-incubator-tricks/540#post_9703013
Taos genius microwave turner starting post #1516 post #1520 post #2150
RUSH LANE~ MUST SEE B4 making your own! https://www.youtube.com/user/RushLanePoultry Links to 'bator building! post #4423
homemade automatic or manual HORIZONTAL egg turner CLICK HERE
ORDER NEW thermostats or other parts for your incubator HERE
IncuKit
2122.png
XL for Cabinet Incubators
All-in-one thermostat, heater, fan control unit HERE
Hot water heater Thermostats, Must get drilled see
post #24915 and understand WHY HERE: CoolerBATOR
Building incubator how many vent holes? BEGINS AT post #24731
Mini Advanced Incu w/ auto turner from Brinsea REVIEW from hatchers begins post #24923 post #25325
Celsius to Fahrenheit & user guide post #25800 post #25184
CHEAP PLASTIC BATOR discussion begins post #25429 post #25438 post #25440 post #25451 post #25454
Wrapping a bator for steadier temps post #25454
2 LG's. I thought they were both 9300s, but they are very different. post #25524
R Com 20 MAX Egg Turning Song video of turning post #25776
Hatcher pans examples for cabinets post #27306
Silverhair Mini fridge homemade Incubator post #29128
chicknloves cooler bator build! post #29855 post #30597
Bennys Awesome MANUAL horizonal EGG TURNER post #29955
Bennys BATOR BUILD post #29068
canadachickens Bator Build post #30935
fresnofarmer post #32058 post #32065
CliftonFarmer
cooler bator build begins post #32561 post #33354
baby video monitor IN THE COOP or BRooder! post #31817
Sallys manual cabinet turner with trays post #32186
BRINSEA COOLING SETTINGS post #32719 post #32445 post #32459 THREAD IS HERE post #33004

more info HERE.........................
I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &

Informational Post Links from this entire thread

for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:

Quote: ozexpat does I will find our discussions for you after lunch @deserteggs22

CH did you see my post about hooking your fan wires up?

OMG ha ha ha
Quote: Safe Trip Fri!
hugs.gif

RECAP 1/14/16

If you need proof/ want to have a foggy clue whut this means on any of these things, ask me and I can find the post for you.
wink.png

The most expensive coffee in the world is made out of kitty poop, good things only come to those who wait if they work like crazy while they are waiting, no big lottery winners here, CH caught a 60 lb blue cat all by himself behind his house and kwhites says to sell it to a resturant, country lovin's feed store has CHICKS, (she only got two...) fire370 has a pip, k is locking his doors against a turken invasion, sally has unleashed a whole pile of happy painter pics, JT's average day includes chicks in the bathtub, 2 year old running around shedding clothing, boys slinging insults at one another, and a 4 year old princess barking orders at everyone, CH lives right next door to the "Duck Dynasty" crew, Sally is googling everything for us, kwhites likes Old Bay on cats (preferably 60 pound blue ones!) but he would not recommend it on vanilla ice cream, (probably only tasted good with chocolate...) Chaos is not commenting on salad, and will only smile and nod whenever dearest sally the sleeping elephant awakes and speaks, chaos needs mommom sally's boot camp, fried baloney is only good if you are starving, there is a bowl full of helpful monkeys somwhere in here, kwhites has been laughing for 3 days straight now, and Ur can relate to a scared goldfish!
ya.gif

Hello ALL! So the two eggs that looked like quitters...I broke one open and it was aliveeeeeeeee!!!!
hit.gif
All the clears were clear though. I scrambled them up for the chickens, but had to run to town before I could feed them. When I came home MY HUSBAND HAD ATE THEM ALL!!!
sickbyc.gif
OMG! They were in the incubator for 11 days! Groooooooooooossssssse! Anyway. I have to go pack. CIAO!
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GROSSS is he alive today and fine? @venymae

Quote: yes, are you german ??? used to serve at holidays per the german sides requests @LittleLakePhil

Quote: yeah @venymae at least when you intend to open them float them eeeeeekkkkk I think most of us did this though
hide.gif
Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

dawwwww wish I could just get the lighter color eggs from you!!! love them!

Quote: not really just need more humidity and watching

From: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...l-contest-start-2-3-ends-2-20-12#post_8350133
Quote:

I like that one
Well, I candled my eggs of the shipped eggs the 2 that started developing are still going. @Sally sunshine The CAM for these two bantam eggs is about 1/3 of the way around the egg, but it isn't touching itself, the air cells are firmish on one and a little jiggly on the other. To help the CAM grow should I try and turn them with more time where the CAM gap is up or have the CAM gap facing down?

The non shipped eggs were are fertile with one blood ring due to a tiny crack in the egg that I didn't see until now.

2/10 shipped eggs doing good.

29/30 local eggs going strong.
what day is it @Saris
CAM doesnt reach bottom of the egg, egg seems empty at bottom during candle! post #22178
Quote: you are gonna get it if you cant calibrate that thermo!
somad.gif

Hmm...I'll just sit here a eat my pink freaking kraut....sorry seed corn.
ha ha ha Phil I am sorry your not feeling well
hugs.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif

I went into lockdown today but I feel the air cells are a little to small. Is there anything I can do or just hope for the best.
what saris said keep it down and keep checking for internal pips then raise it @country lovin

@casportpony

My two shipped bantam eggs have their cams only covering part way around the egg, Do you think it would help the CAM grow better if they spent a little extra time with the CAM gap up or down?
down would be my guess, gravity???? @Saris

Quote: No, Sally and I, and many others on this thread have spent a great amount of our time helping this young man get his incubator accurate and have good hatches. He seems to want to ignore our advise, make bad decisions, and want more of our help. He is a good kid and means a lot to us, but if you want to start with the all night personal messages too help him, feel free!
goodpost.gif
highfive.gif

This one has the steadier aircell and started showing development first.

The second one has a jiggly spot on one side of the aircell and didn't show development until a couple days after the first one.

Is this normal for bantam eggs just finishing up day 7?
hmmmm sometimes they giggle till hatch sweets, just have to watch that draw down and tilt the egg so they dont drown if its still there later... gentle gently tilts

No driving down state today to visit the kids
hugs.gif

I'm up doing some plumbing before the temperatures drop.
It was 66F yesterday. Sunday night will be 4.
warm wow! I hope you getter done paddler! @ChickenCanoe
highfive.gif

Hey guys! Thought I would give you an update on my failed broody hen/incibating experience. So, unfortunately I did end up finding one chick that had fallen out of the nest box and froze (i didnt think I was crazy hearing the peeping) and then remember i found 1 egg that i figured mudt have been la8d on top of the broody about a week or so after she started sitting? Well, its hatching right now!! I have an incubator from the 50s that is not very even tempered so i figured it wouldnt hatch but its halfway zipped....looks like I may end up with ONE pet chick....oh man, here we go again. The last one ended up incredibly spoiled!

awwww sorry about the baby....... but glad the other is hatching sweet!!!!! @JennyBchickadee pics pics!!
clap.gif

Chaos, for a spoiler highlight/select the part of the post you want to hide and then click on the little black box next to the paperclip. it will pop up a box and ask you if this is what you want, click yes/submit. that's it.
Scott
hey @scottcaddy
good afternoon
Quote:
frow.gif

@Sally Sunshine
@Sally Sunshine
@Sally Sunshine

frow.gif

Quote:
somad.gif

Pretty tough to get pics until I get them out and into the brooder but here are a couple.

yesss.gif
clap.gif

Just for you @chicknlove

awesome catch fire!!!

Quote: and yours!!! sweet!!
clap.gif
did you show that to us? @chicknlove

Does this look fertal
awesome snap CH!!!!
clap.gif

Well it's time for me to sign off and get something productive done. You all have a great day. If I find me some eggs I guess I will just have to show you all some pictures. @Sally, we are just never online at the same time! I hope you are enjoying your company! Miss you!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
miss you too sweets!! sat night thread party lol

Good morning!!
frow.gif

I received some shipped eggs. About half have saddled air cells. Half have nice air cells. From what I read, I leave the saddled eggs in a styrofoam egg carton with the bottoms cut out. I DON'T turn them for the first day settling, and then I put them in the 'bator upright, and turn off the turner for 24 hours?

Do you all agree with the above?

Do I treat ALL the eggs the same? Or do I treat only the good air cells like I treat my own eggs that don't have any air cell problems?

Thanks!!!
what saris said!!
and

SHIPPED EGGS DELAYED EGGS GETTING OLD length of time en-route requires another change of plans! post #31779
SEVERELY Shipped and DAMAGED POLISH EGGS! post #30250
Preoering ouer SHABAT meal

more ox tungue? @Akrnaf2
Quote: Hi @draye thanks for poppin in!!

I am updated, and sending plenty of love
love.gif
and hugs
hugs.gif
this afternoon!!! I shall return as I need to eat today!

Quote: yes heat lamps for these littles here, regardless of feathering esp frizzled

Can I settle in here with you guys for a while?
smile.png

I told my hubs I was "just going to do a test hatch" for the NYD HAL. That was two hatches ago and 24 chicks later
hide.gif
big_smile.png
I've still got 4 more batches of eggs to hatch (2 under broodies and 2 in the incubator).
In my defense, I did some serious flock reduction in the fall to cut the winter feed bill and so I can focus on one project and not many. Obviously my test hatch had good results, fertility has been great and the girls are laying well, so......I'm just over here collecting and marking eggs, popping them under hens or in the incubator
yippiechickie.gif

I'm hatching Silkies and Sizzles
love.gif
Welcome!
frow.gif
@howfunkyisurchicken ADDICTED!!!
yesss.gif
bun.gif
good luck babies!!! adding you to our hatch list!

I went down to he coop. And I find my two Roos who have lived in harmony together for a year dueling it out! The older one wasn't cut up as bad, but the younger one was pretty bad. Cleaned there wounds applied vertrycin they seem fine except for bruising! These guys are driving me crazy!
oh no sweets!! @shahtir101 is it the serama? they are terrible fighters those roos! they can get along and then bam one is dead in there, your lucky you caught it!

Hi there, Can someone please recommend a great incubator for Muscovy Duck Eggs please? And any helpful tips for a successful hatching? Thanks so much!! :)
Welcome @Phoenix Native
frow.gif
we have a huge area that I add to all about incubators, I dont believe one is better or not for Ducks, Cooling feature is probably very useful, like some of the newer brinseas have!

INCUBATORS
CHOOSING an INCUBATOR post #1901
Hova Bator Poultry Egg Incubators HERE
INCUBATOR IDEAS AND HOW TO: post #657 and CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR ~ CoolerBATOR ~ post #1456 post #3123 post #1062 post #24900
Incubator Accessories HERE
  1. Egg Turners (16)
  2. Fan Kits (6)
  3. Egg Candlers (3)
  4. Egg Incubator Thermostats (11)
  5. Humidity Control (3)
  6. Thermometers & Hygrometers (9)
  7. Replacement Parts (35)
  8. DIY Incubator Parts & Kits (45)
  9. IncuKits (7)
ozexpat switching out thermostats in styros post #1788 & post #1505 Getting the Flock out of Here
ADDING FANS to BATORS fans are important: start at post #33174 post #33200 post #32613 post #1213 and post #1396 post #24219
FAN MOUNTING hardware post #33245 post #33279
HOW TO WIRE FAN: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/315773/computer-fans-in-the-incubator-how-to-rewire
Incubator Warehouse 3 VIDEOS on FAN install post #33206
http://www.amazon.com/Circulated-Little-Giant-9300-Incubator/dp/B000HHS7XI
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIRCULATED-...ULTRY-CHICKEN-REPTILE-INCUBATOR-/141288444585
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/601352/little-giant-incubator-tricks/540#post_9703013
Taos genius microwave turner starting post #1516 post #1520 post #2150
RUSH LANE~ MUST SEE B4 making your own! https://www.youtube.com/user/RushLanePoultry Links to 'bator building! post #4423
homemade automatic or manual HORIZONTAL egg turner CLICK HERE
ORDER NEW thermostats or other parts for your incubator HERE
IncuKit
2122.png
XL for Cabinet Incubators
All-in-one thermostat, heater, fan control unit HERE
Hot water heater Thermostats, Must get drilled see
post #24915 and understand WHY HERE: CoolerBATOR
Building incubator how many vent holes? BEGINS AT post #24731
Mini Advanced Incu w/ auto turner from Brinsea REVIEW from hatchers begins post #24923 post #25325
Celsius to Fahrenheit & user guide post #25800 post #25184
CHEAP PLASTIC BATOR discussion begins post #25429 post #25438 post #25440 post #25451 post #25454
Wrapping a bator for steadier temps post #25454
2 LG's. I thought they were both 9300s, but they are very different. post #25524
R Com 20 MAX Egg Turning Song video of turning post #25776
Hatcher pans examples for cabinets post #27306
Silverhair Mini fridge homemade Incubator post #29128
chicknloves cooler bator build! post #29855 post #30597
Bennys Awesome MANUAL horizonal EGG TURNER post #29955
Bennys BATOR BUILD post #29068
canadachickens Bator Build post #30935
fresnofarmer post #32058 post #32065
CliftonFarmer
cooler bator build begins post #32561 post #33354
baby video monitor IN THE COOP or BRooder! post #31817
Sallys manual cabinet turner with trays post #32186
BRINSEA COOLING SETTINGS post #32719 post #32445 post #32459 THREAD IS HERE post #33004

more info HERE.........................
I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &

Informational Post Links from this entire thread

for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:

Quote: ozexpat does I will find our discussions for you after lunch @deserteggs22

CH did you see my post about hooking your fan wires up?

OMG ha ha ha
Quote: Safe Trip Fri!
hugs.gif

RECAP 1/14/16

If you need proof/ want to have a foggy clue whut this means on any of these things, ask me and I can find the post for you.
wink.png

The most expensive coffee in the world is made out of kitty poop, good things only come to those who wait if they work like crazy while they are waiting, no big lottery winners here, CH caught a 60 lb blue cat all by himself behind his house and kwhites says to sell it to a resturant, country lovin's feed store has CHICKS, (she only got two...) fire370 has a pip, k is locking his doors against a turken invasion, sally has unleashed a whole pile of happy painter pics, JT's average day includes chicks in the bathtub, 2 year old running around shedding clothing, boys slinging insults at one another, and a 4 year old princess barking orders at everyone, CH lives right next door to the "Duck Dynasty" crew, Sally is googling everything for us, kwhites likes Old Bay on cats (preferably 60 pound blue ones!) but he would not recommend it on vanilla ice cream, (probably only tasted good with chocolate...) Chaos is not commenting on salad, and will only smile and nod whenever dearest sally the sleeping elephant awakes and speaks, chaos needs mommom sally's boot camp, fried baloney is only good if you are starving, there is a bowl full of helpful monkeys somwhere in here, kwhites has been laughing for 3 days straight now, and Ur can relate to a scared goldfish!
ya.gif

Hello ALL! So the two eggs that looked like quitters...I broke one open and it was aliveeeeeeeee!!!!
hit.gif
All the clears were clear though. I scrambled them up for the chickens, but had to run to town before I could feed them. When I came home MY HUSBAND HAD ATE THEM ALL!!!
sickbyc.gif
OMG! They were in the incubator for 11 days! Groooooooooooossssssse! Anyway. I have to go pack. CIAO!
OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GROSSS is he alive today and fine? @venymae

Quote: yes, are you german ??? used to serve at holidays per the german sides requests @LittleLakePhil

Quote: yeah @venymae at least when you intend to open them float them eeeeeekkkkk I think most of us did this though
hide.gif
Float Testing, Checking Egg Viability For Late Or Overdue Hatching

dawwwww wish I could just get the lighter color eggs from you!!! love them!

Quote: not really just need more humidity and watching

From: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...l-contest-start-2-3-ends-2-20-12#post_8350133
Quote:

I like that one
Well, I candled my eggs of the shipped eggs the 2 that started developing are still going. @Sally sunshine The CAM for these two bantam eggs is about 1/3 of the way around the egg, but it isn't touching itself, the air cells are firmish on one and a little jiggly on the other. To help the CAM grow should I try and turn them with more time where the CAM gap is up or have the CAM gap facing down?

The non shipped eggs were are fertile with one blood ring due to a tiny crack in the egg that I didn't see until now.

2/10 shipped eggs doing good.

29/30 local eggs going strong.
what day is it @Saris
CAM doesnt reach bottom of the egg, egg seems empty at bottom during candle! post #22178
Quote: you are gonna get it if you cant calibrate that thermo!
somad.gif

Hmm...I'll just sit here a eat my pink freaking kraut....sorry seed corn.
ha ha ha Phil I am sorry your not feeling well
hugs.gif

Quote:
idunno.gif

I went into lockdown today but I feel the air cells are a little to small. Is there anything I can do or just hope for the best.
what saris said keep it down and keep checking for internal pips then raise it @country lovin

@casportpony

My two shipped bantam eggs have their cams only covering part way around the egg, Do you think it would help the CAM grow better if they spent a little extra time with the CAM gap up or down?
down would be my guess, gravity???? @Saris

Quote: No, Sally and I, and many others on this thread have spent a great amount of our time helping this young man get his incubator accurate and have good hatches. He seems to want to ignore our advise, make bad decisions, and want more of our help. He is a good kid and means a lot to us, but if you want to start with the all night personal messages too help him, feel free!
goodpost.gif
highfive.gif

This one has the steadier aircell and started showing development first.

The second one has a jiggly spot on one side of the aircell and didn't show development until a couple days after the first one.

Is this normal for bantam eggs just finishing up day 7?
hmmmm sometimes they giggle till hatch sweets, just have to watch that draw down and tilt the egg so they dont drown if its still there later... gentle gently tilts

No driving down state today to visit the kids

hugs.gif

I'm up doing some plumbing before the temperatures drop.
It was 66F yesterday. Sunday night will be 4.
warm wow! I hope you getter done paddler! @ChickenCanoe
highfive.gif

Hey guys! Thought I would give you an update on my failed broody hen/incibating experience. So, unfortunately I did end up finding one chick that had fallen out of the nest box and froze (i didnt think I was crazy hearing the peeping) and then remember i found 1 egg that i figured mudt have been la8d on top of the broody about a week or so after she started sitting? Well, its hatching right now!! I have an incubator from the 50s that is not very even tempered so i figured it wouldnt hatch but its halfway zipped....looks like I may end up with ONE pet chick....oh man, here we go again. The last one ended up incredibly spoiled!

awwww sorry about the baby....... but glad the other is hatching sweet!!!!! @JennyBchickadee pics pics!!
clap.gif

Chaos, for a spoiler highlight/select the part of the post you want to hide and then click on the little black box next to the paperclip. it will pop up a box and ask you if this is what you want, click yes/submit. that's it.
Scott
hey @scottcaddy
good afternoon
Quote:
frow.gif

@Sally Sunshine
@Sally Sunshine
@Sally Sunshine

frow.gif

Quote:
somad.gif

Pretty tough to get pics until I get them out and into the brooder but here are a couple.

yesss.gif
clap.gif

Just for you @chicknlove

awesome catch fire!!!

Quote: and yours!!! sweet!!
clap.gif
did you show that to us? @chicknlove

Does this look fertal
awesome snap CH!!!!
clap.gif

Well it's time for me to sign off and get something productive done. You all have a great day. If I find me some eggs I guess I will just have to show you all some pictures. @Sally, we are just never online at the same time! I hope you are enjoying your company! Miss you!!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
miss you too sweets!! sat night thread party lol

Good morning!!
frow.gif

I received some shipped eggs. About half have saddled air cells. Half have nice air cells. From what I read, I leave the saddled eggs in a styrofoam egg carton with the bottoms cut out. I DON'T turn them for the first day settling, and then I put them in the 'bator upright, and turn off the turner for 24 hours?

Do you all agree with the above?

Do I treat ALL the eggs the same? Or do I treat only the good air cells like I treat my own eggs that don't have any air cell problems?

Thanks!!!
what saris said!!
and

SHIPPED EGGS DELAYED EGGS GETTING OLD length of time en-route requires another change of plans! post #31779
SEVERELY Shipped and DAMAGED POLISH EGGS! post #30250
Preoering ouer SHABAT meal

more ox tungue? @Akrnaf2
Quote: Hi @draye thanks for poppin in!!
So even when grown the frizzles need help in the winter time?

IF ANYONE QUOTES THAT without deleting most,,,,,, they are in deep trouble!
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom