INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaackkk! My shipped eggs arrived and a whole bunch got smashed. What is the best way to clean off the remaining survivors?
I see chaos helped you! cool!! this is where tons of info is!

UPDATE:

I have pulled extremely helpful NOTES, LINKS &

Informational Post Links from this entire thread

for EVERYONE'S convenience and will continue to put them HERE:

@Sally Sunshine she calls it "Mandy's Madness Mix."
lol.png
She said it's "faverolle, cochin blue and silver laced, black copper maran, blue laced red Wyndotte, splash Orpington, RIR and Barred" all running around together. She hasn't separated the breed pens yet.
lol sweet!!! I have banty mixes heading into lockdown today along with our project and legbar!

Since the weather is kind of crappy today, I'm making my way through the cabinets and hatchers with certified thermometers. It's getting close to time to go all out again. Spring baby sales will be here before long.

Brrrrrrr
Howdy on back from my trip.
I popped in occasionally to check what was going on.
Drive back last night sucked...took me three hours to get the first 77 , miles. After that was okay till the last 50. White out conditions. I don't mind driving on it too much if it wasn't for all the others that do.

Ugh... When I first set and humidity was around 40, all said it was good...so I assumed, with the "variant" I read about in your articles, that was my goal. Have i messed them up? Of course I added water and had to bolt to work. It was back to 38 when I left... Should I have my sitter remove the plug to evaporate some water?

Jessimom, on this point I'm afraid you are 100% correct. About a year ago I overheard a fellow employee describing the treatment of packages when he worked for a major carrier. The ones that are marked fragile were treated how shall I say nicely, like a football. After I got done blaming him for ALL the killed chicks in the WORLD I do not think he will ever share that story again. I think it's insult thing to them to have the box marked fragile and then it's open season.

No I don't work for the PO
lau.gif

And doing all this may not get you a great hatching rate on shipped eggs but it will give you a fighting change of getting some to survive after all 21+ days is worth some precautions.
hide.gif
I have heard the exact same thing from a family member who worked for a major carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom