INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CH I double box my eggs and set the box with the bubble wrapped eggs in the inner box, as you see it, each egg is completely bubble wrapped air cell up and surrounded by bubble wrap to help prevent moisture loss during shipping which causes the air cell to get larger and more easily loosened from them. The egg cartons are taped closed EMPTY, and they are under the box, on the box and surrounding the box to support the middle box should it shift at all. The way I pack it really cant shift in that box. I also added hand warmer to the outer box, so that air space is open for the warm are to surround and not set in one spot.
awesome thank u I was just wondering.so how many did u send

Howdy! No way can I catch up on the thread right now (I will work on it). I will be doing two tandem hatches, setting this week and next week - my first time (guess I don't know the meaning of moderation!!!!). I originally was just going to do some Naked Neck aloha hatching eggs (to arrive next week), but my beloved hero rooster Dumbledore from my little Cream Legbar family was attacked by several terrier dogs while protecting the rest of the chickens (such a little super hero!). He survived and will likely make a full recovery, though he has been plucked halfway to dinner and has wounds that need healing indoors. But I decided to try to set his girls' eggs earlier than planned/ASAP, just in case. So I have one incubator up and to temp (Brinsea Octagon), and the second one will be set up tonight (R-Com 20).

Should be quite an adventure!

- Ant Farm

Howdy Hatchaholics...
frow.gif

Sup brother
highfive.gif

CH I double box my eggs and set the box with the bubble wrapped eggs in the inner box, as you see it, each egg is completely bubble wrapped air cell up and surrounded by bubble wrap to help prevent moisture loss during shipping which causes the air cell to get larger and more easily loosened from them. The egg cartons are taped closed EMPTY, and they are under the box, on the box and surrounding the box to support the middle box should it shift at all. The way I pack it really cant shift in that box. I also added hand warmer to the outer box, so that air space is open for the warm are to surround and not set in one spot.
never mind.I want the prettiness,and all to be a suprise

That looks like one of the RSL eggs that I get
It will darken up over this laying season I bet
My RSL pullet laid her first egg the day before (caught her laying), and also laid an egg earlier the same day I got this one. This egg was a little bigger than the other two which were identical in size, so I'm positive the smaller eggs came from the smaller RSL. Funny how my older hens practically stopped laying when the pullets started...
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom