INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
hugs.gif

Sheryl Crow wandered out, thinking she was escaping. Then she freaked because she didn't know how to escape the evil white stuff!
The ducks are happy as can be!
lau.gif

Mornin' all. Tried to go back to sleep after letting all the chickens out (getting over a cold), but heard this incredible racket coming from the Cream Legbar coop - sort of that OMG-somethings-gonna-eat-me alarm. So I rush out to find....

Lissa hollering her head off and looking at me, then Paula, as if to say "Mommeeeeee!!!!! Paula is sitting in my favorite nest box! I wanna lay in there! Make her move to the other one!!!"

I rolled my eyes at them and headed back in. Giant fuss number two 15 minutes later, I checked again. Lissa had capitulated and was sitting in the other nest box, but now Paula (who hadn't even laid in the first box) was now hollering her head off looking a Lissa, as if to say "get out of my other favorite nest box!" Three girls, two boxes. Good grief, those girls need their boy back with them ASAP...

Hope everyone in snow-ville is keeping cozy and warm!

- Ant Farm
crazy hens

7 degrees here but the sun is shining
Hoping for a great day.....
wee.gif
Fishing?

Quote: Great!
yesss.gif

I'm sorry he was dead.  I'm at day 21 with no pips or hatching going on.  I opened the bator and candled one, it was moving, so I"m hoping when I wake up something will be going on.

Are you going to set more eggs?

Ill be crossing my fingers for you!
I'll be getting a Hovabator in February and i hope to set a test batch on February 10th so that they hatch before the EHAL starts :)

is this just hatched as in this batch? UPDATE!
Good morning everyone!!

Sally, BEAUTIFUL photos!! I love the snow (except when I have to shovel it)! I'm sorry about HarmonyAnn's chick.

Yes, this hatched last night. Sometime between 5 and 7 am this morning two more decided to pip, then start to zip. So, 1 dry and fluffy and 2 more on their way. I miscounted, there were 13 in lockdown, leaving 10 un-pipped. Technically day 21 ends at 6 pm tonight. But, YES, I still think my temps are too low.

Everyone in the path of these storms, stay warm and dry! I hope all the chicks, quail, ducks and turkeys all know to survive the snow and wet!

I just got the prettiest blue egg.... But it was cold and when I brought it in it started sweating... :he
Got 5 eggs in storage now! :yesss:

Good morning, everyone!!!
frow.gif

Just popping in to say hi, and hope everyone is doing well. Gotta-a-lotta chicken stuff to do this fine, brisk morning... grrrr!!! Coop and brooders need cleaning and fresh bedding, so I'll be busy for a bit. I read back a tiny bit, and just want to say congrats to Jm, sorry to HarmonyAnn, good luck to Phil this evening, and wishing the best to those who are fighting the snow today. Stay safe, stay warm, and stay happy!!!

BBL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom