INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness, I've been doing this over the last week and thought I was crazy. Well, maybe I still am but not just for this reason! Okay so lets take this one step further. For those whom do talk to their eggs, do you see a correlation to them recognizing your voice once they hatch?

We're all a little nutty around here
big_smile.png
I'm not sure we would be able to tell any difference if we did or didn't talk to them before hatching. I know mine recognize my voice now, but I don't know exactly "when" they started recognizing it. I have a special whistle that I do for my ducks when I walk out my back door. If I don't do it, they kinda go ballistic, like something is coming after them. But if I do it, they seem more calm. And I tell them "its just momma, calm down"... lol

We're all a little nutty around here
big_smile.png
I'm not sure we would be able to tell any difference if we did or didn't talk to them before hatching. I know mine recognize my voice now, but I don't know exactly "when" they started recognizing it. I have a special whistle that I do for my ducks when I walk out my back door. If I don't do it, they kinda go ballistic, like something is coming after them. But if I do it, they seem more calm. And I tell them "its just momma, calm down"... lol
Pavlov's dogs, revisited

Okay, I added the paper towel and my humidity jumped to 52%. I'm going to wait an hour or 2 and do some adjusting. Thanks!

Edited to change "hungry" to "humidity". I haven't eaten breakfast, apparently I need to. :)

I have the Brinsea Eco 20 and I cut up one of those diaper pads for the kid's bed and put it at the bottom, one on each side so that they were coming out of the water trays. I just used a bendy straw and kid's medicine syringe to add water thru the vent hole. Next time, I might just use some feminine pads... Lol.

My last hatch I played a chick chirping video and I chirped to them from day 18 to hatch they would rock in egg and chirp back to me

Oh my goodness, I've been doing this over the last week and thought I was crazy. Well, maybe I still am but not just for this reason! Okay so lets take this one step further. For those whom do talk to their eggs, do you see a correlation to them recognizing your voice once they hatch?

Hmm, I've never really noticed. My chicks definitely respond to me more than they do to other people, but I think that's just because I'm around them more than anyone else.
idunno.gif

I have the Brinsea Eco 20 and I cut up one of those diaper pads for the kid's bed and put it at the bottom, one on each side so that they were coming out of the water trays. I just used a bendy straw and kid's medicine syringe to add water thru the vent hole. Next time, I might just use some feminine pads... Lol.

Wouldn't the feminine pads just stay dry?
gig.gif

Wouldn't the feminine pads just stay dry?   :gig  

Lol, I don't think so... not if you soak them first. Maybe a baby diaper would work well too. I'm just thinking for ease of cleaning up afterwards. I just did my first hatch last month and I can't believe how messy the process is... Especially all the fuzz... And I only hatched 5 eggs. This time around I have 10... Double the mess.

Lol, I don't think so... not if you soak them first. Maybe a baby diaper would work well too. I'm just thinking for ease of cleaning up afterwards. I just did my first hatch last month and I can't believe how messy the process is... Especially all the fuzz... And I only hatched 5 eggs. This time around I have 10... Double the mess.

Lol I think we only wish they would stay dry, but we know better.
I have actually heard of people sticking them to the sides of an incubator for added humidity.
And yes the little boogers can make quite a mess. Ducks are the messiest...but cutest... little fuzzies everywhere!

Oh, that rubber shelf liner stuff is great for helping keep down on the mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom