INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm,just laying them all down
I have ZERO idea why you won't listen. If I were you, I wouldn't even dream of coming on here in a panic when they don't do well.
1f614.png

Last edited:
Cleaning Incubator and Equipment General information about cleaning an incubator. For specific information about cleaning your incubator please check for the manufacturer-recommended method of cleaning. No matter if the incubator is brand new, used, or cleaned since the last time you used it, you still need to clean it again before starting a new batch of eggs. The incubator should be cleaned immediately after your hatch is complete.
  • Make sure your hands are clean and dry before handling any equipment.

• Ensure that you have unplugged the equipment.
  • Remove all the debris, shells, fluff, dust, etc., vacuum or even try a can of compressed air to blow out wafers, fans etc. The heating element should not be gotten wet only dry wiped. Clean the heating element and other electrical units.
  • Take extreme care not to get any of the electrical parts wet. Surfaces should be wiped thoroughly with a cloth dampened in quaternary ammonium, Clorox, or other disinfectant. Follow the directions of the manufacturer carefully.
· Ammonia solution -1 Tablespoon ammonia, 1 Tablespoon liquid detergent and 2 cups of water.

· Clorox solution -1 teaspoon of bleach added to 1 quart of water.
WARNING: Never mix chlorine bleach and ammonia. Toxic fumes can be produced.

• Stubborn dirt can be scrubbed with a brush, or toothbrush. Harsh chemical cleaners should be avoided when cleaning your incubator to prevent foam or Styrofoam from harm.
  • Parts of your incubator can be soaked for about 10 minutes as long as they do not have any electrical parts that can't be easily removed and replaced. Plastic glazing is susceptible to scratching, use soft cloths. Do NOT use the dishwasher to clean your incubator or parts!
  • After washing the incubator, you should dry the inside using a clean cloth. Allow the incubator to air dry completely. Sun dry is always best. Once completely dry, store these items in a protective carton or box in a cool dry location.
Cleaning can be made easier if you place a layer of wax paper, cheesecloth or paper towels 17th or 18th day of incubation to catch the egg shell and other debris on the bottom of some types of well-less incubators. Also it’s best to add a layer of cheesecloth, or rubber drawer mat on top of the wire grates, this will also help to prevent injury to the chicks' navels and legs. After the chicks are removed the wax paper or paper towels are simply tossed. If you have lost instructions to Brinsea Incubators you can download them free by clicking here... WARNING: Consult cleaning and disinfecting agent manufacturer instructions for their proper preparation and use. Also please follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning.
capture3.png
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/7249174/
k2-_ec579f3f-5ec2-4fbc-b935-c7b8301c9006.v1.jpg
TugPaperTowelHldrNkl_l.jpg
[COLOR=0000FF]PAPER TOWELS or WAX PAPER[/COLOR]for the bottom of well-less incubators, coolers etc. easy clean up [COLOR=0000FF]Dollar Store easy liner or cheese cloth[/COLOR] to cover metal grates, prevent chick issues and for easy clean up.
:goodpost: Now I am worrying I did not clean the incubator enough and my hatch is gonna be a flop.... :(
It is "hotdog cover" poo!
What kind of ice cream you call this wonderful creation?
BENNY!!!!!!! :lau
Mine mowed the grass for me, too. Never managed to train them to weedwhack, though
That's what goats are for!

if you think you need to start the assist and the blood is dry have at it, but go slow, any blood at all stop and put her back.....  follow instructions
Arrrrgggh... This is so hard! I know things written get lost in translation and I hope my questions aren't coming across as doubt in your advice. I really just don't know the tiny details of making good calls. I'm second guessing how I helped Lazarus yesterday because she doesn't seem to want to stand upright much.

Arrrrgggh... This is so hard! I know things written get lost in translation and I hope my questions aren't coming across as doubt in your advice. I really just don't know the tiny details of making good calls. I'm second guessing how I helped Lazarus yesterday because she doesn't seem to want to stand upright much.

Maybe shes just a lazy pullet. I had a pullet that used to lay down when ever it got the chance. But as it got older it started laying down less and less.

Bubbles stop that! :lau

CH do what you will

What? :confused:

I only used oxyclean, and I didnt do anything with the lid, and it was filthy when I got it, and I am wondering itf that was why I had the 2 dead ones....

Whoops, sorry, but I can't help it, I am an awful worrywart. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom