INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOUR BOOK! Silly Sally. I didn't take progress pics because I was doing every so wrong. But I have one of the front.

Because of that thing in the middle of the fan, it is still blowing across the bottoms of the bulbs. Weakly, because I need the better power source. So I still have hot/cold spots. Spatially the bulbs were not in a different place whether they were mounted on sides or on back. I need to get the humidity a bit higher. You wait til you see draw down or internals to really bump it up?

My air cells aren't really dipped; they're basically straight across. Two I think are dipped. Hoping the others aren't dead already.

Sally and LoKo:

Coolerbator is good. I had to do a few things different because the cooler I found had wheels and a big metal handle. That changed where I had to mount lights, which changed the fan. Then I put a HUGE window right in front, so that changed the vent holes. I glued the glass from the inside and kept the front "insert" to pop in and out for insulation.

The very bottom was 7 3/4 x 19 1/4, roughly. We made a frame of scrap wood and hardware cloth to raise the eggs a bit. I'm using a 25w bulb full time, and a 40w wired to the digital tstat.

There were two coolers at the junk sale Saturday but I didn't get them. :/ I think I'm at $30 on the build: tstat was $16, fan was $4 (plus tax it was $21 on amazon for both), then $1.50 each on two ceramic bases, found shelf liner as a remnant in the fabric section, got four old extension cords for $1 at the junk sale, then two boxes of bulbs.

I already had the cooler, glass, duct tape, goop adhesive, wood, hardware cloth, and 12v charger (though it's wrong).

I get nervous when I go off book. I don't wanna get scolded. :oops:

No need to hide
We all have to tweak em a bit to get em where we want em.
Took me a coupla days to tweak mines just right.

:hugs

Tag me next time :D

Last edited:
YOUR BOOK! Silly Sally. I didn't take progress pics because I was doing every so wrong. But I have one of the front.

Because of that thing in the middle of the fan, it is still blowing across the bottoms of the bulbs. Weakly, because I need the better power source. So I still have hot/cold spots. Spatially the bulbs were not in a different place whether they were mounted on sides or on back. I need to get the humidity a bit higher. You wait til you see draw down or internals to really bump it up?

My air cells aren't really dipped; they're basically straight across. Two I think are dipped. Hoping the others aren't dead already.

HUGE THANKS to whoever suggested I keep the insert for insulation. Joey maybe? It's been invaluable to the temp stability.

@LocalYokel

YOU STILL SAW IT DIDNT YOU. :love

Last edited:
I wish it still cost that much. I haven't shot a buck yet thats been worth the $300-$400 price tag to hang it on the wall. I think I paid just shy of $300 to get a pedestal mount done of a coyote I shot.
I don't figure I'll ever get another that nice, even if he is a 6 pt; not around here, anyway. And you're right; at today's prices it'd have to be something super special for me to even consider another shoulder mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom