INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom says it is a sweeter tasting bird.....

I have good news... my bator has been sitting happily at 99 degrees and 30 percent humidity.. I know I got to raise the humidity but I am ready for the quail eggs..

My sister is going to pick them up for me soon because my poor car broke. I am excited to get started. Hatch number two for me.

@Sally Sunshine I give you, bubbles and Aart all the credit for the first hatch.. I am soooooo ready for hatch number two.

Black chickens taste like chicken........ If it didn't, it isn't a chicken. Anybody that says any different is FOS.

Last edited:
@Sally Sunshine You're welcome for the help earlier. Just remember all ya gotta do is ask.

I love that you help take care of her....
hugs.gif

Awwww man, You cant say that about my mom, plus I know that isn't true.. meat birds vs laying hens and roos will tell you the difference. XOXO

No matter how you slice it, they all still taste like chicken.

And I didn't say anything about your mom.

Last edited:
not sure why I am not culling, typically I would...
Wry neck?? Silkie Chick duckling post #60013
Because you're LEARNING SOMETHING from it.
clap.gif

Quote: Yeah, I figured you were deliberately goosing me, but I just couldn't let it pass. Don't mess with my little nudists...
smack.gif

My mom says it is a sweeter tasting bird.....

I have good news... my bator has been sitting happily at 99 degrees and 30 percent humidity.. I know I got to raise the humidity but I am ready for the quail eggs..

My sister is going to pick them up for me soon because my poor car broke. I am excited to get started. Hatch number two for me.
I have heard that repeatedly, including from folks here who eat their cull Silkies or other Fms. I can't really offer an opinion - the soup I had was prepared with a lot of ginger, which confers a sweet taste, so that's nor fair. Regardless, there is a market for those who claim a medicinal benefit (for which I have no evidence...) and will pay a premium.

Congrats on finding the sweet spot for your 'bator!!!

- Ant Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom