INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ur-ur-ur-urrr glad you and your flicks hard a nice evening.
If you were the one who made the horizontal nipple pitcher waterer would you please tell me what you made the holes with and if you used any type of sealant? Thanks, I will have over forty chicks next week and I am trying to get ready.
Hi, daxi! I and my flicks hard a nice evening!!! (
idunno.gif
)

I've made several of these waterers. The last two were made using icing buckets from the local Wal-Mart bakery. I drilled 1/4" holes for the number of nipples I wanted, then stepped up to a 3/8" drill bit. The plastic tends to ball up a little, so carefully trim it off and screw the nipples in. Don't screw them completely down, but try to get them as close as you can. I don't use any type of sealant, and I've never had one leak. It's funny... I got a package with 10 more horizontal nipples yesterday. I think I accidentally ordered more for a future project...

Quote: Sounds like the guts are coming out as well. These chicks do not do well. You can try pushing the guts back in but it is hard, as they are likely to come out again. In addition if the chick has not moved it is not a good sign.

If the guts go back, and you can get the opening to close up you may be able to save the chick, but if guts coming out that are not easily put back in, I would rather cull the chick than let die a slow death from infection or necrotic gut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom