INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And sometimes the reason of illnesses! It depend on what you eat, how much you eat, and how you prepare it!
You all should prevent yourself from entering to the metabolic syndrome! Carbohydrate= Over weight= High blood P. Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular problems,
And God forbid Cancer!
So eat good protein ( fish, poultry, dear and the most important= Good eggs!) good fats (olive oil, avocado oil, some butter but never NEVER margarine that almost all the processed food and pastry have!) both very essential for your health! Lower as much as you can the carbohydrate, eat a lot of veg. Some less fruits, nuts of all kind! And please exercise!
good food good health. Indeed.
They used to feed margarine to turkey to fatten em up before the holidays.

Update on the egg: we were right, double-yolk! Husband gets it for his breakfast.

Has anyone has any expirience with the Brinsea Octagon incubator with automatic egg turner? I have the mini advanced right now and love it! But, it is a little too small and I want to be able to hatch more eggs at a time. Thanks!

I have the octagon with turner and it's fab. Set and forget barring topping the water tank up a couple of times. The pump maintains a good average humidity and easily reaches 65% for lockdown it has produced me some fab hatches and I wouldn't be without it. Well worth the extra money :D

Last edited:
Also I don't hold much truck with the carbohydrate thing. I live in Europe where carbs make up the majority of people's meals and they're all healthy as horses. Not overweight, not suffering from high blood pressure. And there's no such thing as portion control here.

The key is moderation and knowing to stop eating when you're full. The only people I know here who are fat are those who eat the whole 2 kg of fries on their own and who then go on to eat a steak and side of spring veggies. No one who is skinny here eats more than a piece of meat the size of a stack of playing cards and a McDonalds medium fry.

Last edited:
Well the curse continues. I lost eight of my chicks. Five were dead before I got home, and three more died and three were rescued and dried. The heat lamp bulb burnt out so they dig piled at one end. Unfortunately, they chose the end with the water and knocked it over. Eleven were under the pile when I got to them. Five dead six dying. I managed to get three warmed up and dry but the other three did not get better and died. I am feeling cursed. Poor chickies. Three were red rangers, one RIR, and three I will have to as the Hatchery to help me ID.
Here are the survivors. The picture I promised @Sally Sunshine @Jessimom
Night all

I will get a better picture tomorrow, I can't take any more tonight.
I am SO sorry!!! I lost 1 today, but can't imagine losing so many. I never thought to worry too much about the bulbs burning out. That must be so frustrating. I'm glad you were able to save a few!!! Good luck with the rest!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom