INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Springing in the Chicks"
2016 April Hatch-a-Long

Hosted by Mike & Sally

Qgx7f8FA57W-itPcOYbInU3zyZDKjlF9QcY4fG3boAVmlJQ5qfCoZ3CNQ8H6y4rfONeAfAT8n8IeLK3VyfGKxd_bLks4fRVILpfFRTxxRkjXWlj9lW6HE8gExxqGAPEOXxgkVqWf
Set Eggs ANYTIME in April

EVERYONE is Welcome!

dEFxCqyBDuTydjH_8CJtbSzPVLr96jNH-wDyh7B9jdi2xx9px-YmvdB_fRe6v2V9-DQ83VUpZrPUvAV8hKWhcf6d3dB6DL9Y49FLnnPvtGSu-l3IIzOoezuw52WLvQUr9zM8gShu

NEW COOL CONTESTS!

“Share a Laugh” Random Posting Thread

“Share Helpful BYC TIPS” Random Posting Thread

Chick Mug Shots

Selfies with Fowl

Fowl drawing Contest

3/4/16 9AM Thursday

Shipped Eggs = Change Of Plans! post #53845

BIRTHDAYS!
BDAYS DAX 3/5, S5apiotrowski 3/8, karenerwin 3/14, Shahtir101March 22nd, country lovin March 24th

Making Bators:

Canadachickens, fire 4th cabinet, CliftonFarmer cooler, lazyacre cooler, shahtir101 coolerbator louly coolerbator Bantychooks coolerbatMoor
Attimus bator build post #57021 post #58232 post #59461 post #59887 post #63164 post #63581 post #64394
Joey Ur-ur-ur-ur post #58273
mrleeroy update post #57336
Chaos18 post #60710
tao chick post #63312
Taos genius microwave turner starting post #1516 post #1520 post #2150 post #35831 post #1790 post #43486 post #48591post #51403 post #56355 post #58607 post #58920 post #60294
Coop expansions:

Silverhair, chaos18, hippiestink,Fire Ant Farm @Fire Ant Farm do we get updated coop images?

HATCHING/INCUBATION

granny hatchet 2/10 I put 50 eggs in today and had room for 22 more. LOL I opened all of todays eggs as it was freezing out and didnt see any thing watery. no ice except for the fact I have an egg eater and found a frozen yolk. they will be due March 3rd. LOCKDOWN ! 39 eggs. Some I cant see through so not knowing if they are good or not. 6 no good. 2 infertile, 2 stuck,

ChickenLady2014 aka Lisa jumping on the band wagon. Set 23 eggs in the bator tonight. 6 Icelandic, 6 SFH, 7 EE mixes, 2 Silkie & 2 Chantecler/EE x Ice mixes. Wish me luck, got get practiced up for EHAL. Also have 3 Icelandic on day 18 under my Silkiebator Got my EHAL eggs set 3/3 ~ 17 Legbar & 1 Silkie for a total of 18 @ChickenLady2014 update?

Fire aka Hero always hatching! shoved 8 under a broody Cochin tonite. Be like fisheye surprise as those eggs I put under her were off the free range group. God only knows what combo they'll be.
Sally Sunshine Always hatching! cochin legbar marans ducks projects serama olive eggers etc.
NestingHillsSC aka Tony always hatching!
Casportspony aka Kathy aka Kat always hatching
TJChickens aka TJ Alays hatching @TJChickens hope all is ok!

PHAGE always hatching! @Phage got an update and hope all is ok!
Hatch update: lots hatched - about 50. Sorry I did not get a pic of them and now they are all gone.
BUT- there are about 30 in the bator on day 9 ish and about 100 waiting to go in tonight.
Breeds are:
Bcm, BF, CL, swedish black, dwarf olansk, mottled orpingtons, bss orps, and a bunch of other rare breeds.
Theses are not mine. Hatching then feeds my hatching addiction, and helps out my friend by hatching for her! Totally win win!

DHetzle always hatching
I put 290 eggs into lockdown Tues evening and the first one was out last night, had about 20 out (and one turkey poult) when I left for work this morning. I have been sneaking my hand in to remove egg shells and try to move the eggs so they aren't stacked in a way that a pipped egg is under another one.

jwlpoultry aka Justin Always Hatching!
3/6 2 Brown Chinese/ White Chinese goose eggs
3/7 30 Texas A&M quail set
3/11 19 Idaho Blueback Pheasants set Feb 18
3/12 13 Rhodebar, 7 barnyard mix, 3 Rhodebar/Lav orp
3/26 1 Brown Chinese/White Chinese goose egg
3/27 1 Toulouse goose egg
My eggs from MPC just arrived!! 4 Ameri-flowers, 4 Super Blue egg layers, 1 Easter egger, 2 Olive egger, 1 Blue/Black/Splash Maran and 2 Black Copper Maran

Canadachickens aka cc 13 Auraucana went into lockdown day 17.

mrleeroy The other 32 are due 3/3. Also I candled the eggs from set 2 yesterday (day 14) and didn't pull any of 32. My hatch is finished finally (I think). Ended up with 30 chicks. Set 33 eggs total, pulled one on day 7, one looked like a quitter on day 18 that I left in just in case(green one) which did not develop any further, and one that looks like it failed to make the internal pip which I've had problems with that specific hen's eggs before (I think they're just too big). So the end result is 30/33 total which is definitely my best hatch to date @ about 91%! Super exciting! Well here they are:

Saris aka Lacie Day 14 update. I removed 8 eggs, I have 8 going strong from Chicken hill poultry and 17 going strong from Papa Brooder. So 25/33 shipped eggs going good.Day 20 and I see some wiggling, no pips yet. I am not feeling good about my chances now. On lockdown I saw many incomplete CAMs, apparently I am cursed with them....... So out of 25 eggs that I thought were perfect though with some small aircells I feel I will be lucky if I get 5 chicks.....
1f622.png
my Phoenix eggs are also late, I'm feeling very grumpy and disappointed.

LocalYokel aka Yokel 13 Dominicker 5 Leghorn, may be White or Brown, mostly Whites in that coop.(Not the cheery oldish dude Whites) Hope the Doms and Leghorns are fertile. 7 RIR 2 out of 3 eggs under broody bator are alive/developing, 1 RIR 1 Leghorn, tossed the other.
4 out of 5 Leghorn in bator showing veins! I have 5 White Leghorns in the bator right now Due the 25th @LocalYokel eggs arrive?

Venymae possibly fried her eggs at 113 degrees!! OH MY @venymae did you candle? got an update for here?

Daxigait 3/1 Lockdown on the first group (ccl, Swedish flower hens, and EE)!I just heard the eggs in lockdown that we had to wash at day 8 are a day late with no pips. This would be icing on the cake of bad stuff. 3 ccl, 8 EE and 7 Swedish flower hens

gotro17 aka Shellee The surrogate hatch for @Jessimom was reasonably successful with 1 Brahma and 6 silkies. We have our theories the Brahma eggs may have gotten bacteria... I'm also pegging wonky humidity dips in the beginning. I tried the "dry" method until about day 14 when I couldn't stand 30 degree variables anymore. Back to what worked last hatch, keeping humidity around 38%...until lockdown then 68-70... Always 100 degrees.

Hawk12 aka Kristie I set brahmas and marans tonight. 3/3 Orpingtons will be set tomorrow and Sat. Total of 80 eggs. Hope it goes well
1f423.png
@Hawk12 update?

deserteggs227 eggs in lockdown all 7 still kicking 2/17 It's the morning of day 21 here,2/21 and all 4 of my Barnaul eggs are pipping. And my huge double yolker's air sack looks kinda funky. Is that normal? @deserteggs22 you set again?

Peachickie aka Nicole 100% hatch from the broodybator aka marshmallow the silkie. 4 silkies and 3 polish babies.

Auroradream26 aka Jess Looks like my hatch is just about over. I still have 1 egg that's pipped and making noise in the bator but that's all that's left. I did a quick candle to all the others before pulling them and doing eggtopsies. Looks like 13 quitters. 4 about halfway, the rest, full term. I'm assuming they were too weak from the temp drop in the bator to actualy hatch. Most didn't even pip. If this last one hatches fine, I'll have 17 poults from the 30 eggs

ambe0487 2/1 I put the eggs in lockdown this morning because I will be busy getting ready for the snow storm that is suppose to hit over night here, day 18 actually starts at 3 p.m. 29 eggs, which comprise of 6 Isa brown/Legbar mix, 9 EE/ Bresse mix, and 14 Buff Orp. @ambe0487 update?

Fire Ant Farm aka Kristin @Fire Ant Farm all ok?

S5apiotrowski aka Anastasia aka AC @S5apiotrowski did you set again?

Chicken Hawk33 aka CH aka Seth setting a goose egg 2/16 we have a goose embryo.day four and we have a.heart.2/20 @chicken hawk 33 got update for this?

Jessimom aka Kathy Ok, I set a 22 eggs last night, a mix of Silkie, Sizzle and Frilkies plus some Cream legbars. I got them last week and really couldn't wait any longer. They are in the death bator being hand turned, temps are holding right at 100. My 4 silkies babies that hatched yesterday are still in the LG. For the easter hal, I just received some Apenzeller Spitzhauben eggs and some bantam EEs These will go in the LG.

HeatherMarieR
@HeatherMarieR did you set more?

country lovin aka Ty 2 marans and 4 Olive eggers are going into the the bator-in-the-box for lockdown! 4 marans and 2 Olive eggers are on day 10. 2/25v1 marans and 2 Olive eggers are in the bator-in-the-box for lockdown 3/3. Gonna try to fix a couple issues that should make the coolerbator run smoother for EHAL.

campinghaws aka campin aka Sharon 20 eggs in the bator and 6 under a broody. The 7 hona eggs are good. 11 EE eggs are good. Two clears. Down to 18 total. @campingshaws i never added dates to these? got update please?

Tao Chick I set 18 Cream Brabanters on 2/28. I have three promising eggs left out of 18. I have been putting in eggs from my flock to test fertility and either the cockerel is infertile or the fluffiness is getting in the way.

caeti21 12 conturnix quail placed 2/21 24 rir eggs 2/21 @caeti21 candle update?
6 pth SLW (they are the slow developing ones )still alive and growing they were placed 1/30v
3 pth bantam mixes(1/30 for 1 ) 2/10 for two
2 pth ameracauna eggs(2/5)(2/6) Last night i was able to move a few of my 1/30 eggs into lockdown when i candled them they looked fully developed and were moving , so fingers crossed and i was able to move my normal lockdown ones in as well so here they are 2 pth americaunavvv5 pth slw 3 pth

butterfliesdoku aka Vanessa Well my hatch is complete (day 23). I have 26 beautiful baby chicks for a total hatch rate of 85%. Because all of the chicks BUT ONE have muffs that means the father of most was my Easter Egger and the father of the one chick was the Silver Sebright/ Thai mix.
Thank you!!! My next hatch is due the 8th @butterfliesdoku how did candle go and do you have an update for this?

sarah25bear aka Sarah @sarah25bear did you set again?

CyndiD I have10 WH duck eggs being shipped to me next week. Is there a site I can read that will help me prepare the eggs for incubating?
I have not received my SWH eggs yet!! tomorrow or the next day???
I will be setting SWH duck eggs and Pekin duck eggs.... AND Australorp over LH, WCBP and NH chicken eggs.
My SWH duck eggs should be here tomorrow and I will have to set them 1 week early for HAL, oops, ordered them 1 week too early... @CyndiD update on eggies?

Meaghan Just put two duck eggs in the incubator this morning 2/15. First time experimental hatch! I set literally 10 or so breeds/mixed breeds. I got eggs from friends and my girls. There are 50 eggs total. @Meaghan how did this go? Got an update?

Math I incubate with the LG 9200.I set backyard mixed chicken eggs on Monday, February 15th for friends of ours. I set an incubator full. I think it was 68. Our friends need to replace brown egg layers. @Math how did it go?

bauerdog aka Joanne 3/3 just set my eggs for the HAL. 33 total, paint Silkie/showgirls, CCL, Sapphires, white leghorns, Isabelle leghorns, project blue duckwing leghorns, BBS Barred Rocks and BBS Copper Marans.

DON956 Just set 48 eggs at 12pm central time. 2/19 @DON956 Did you candle again?
12 RIR 12 Delaware 12 Plymouth Barred Rock 12 Golden Sex Link Due on the 11th of March,
45 eggs left but one has a hair thin crack but still developing and moving around inside ( don't know how I missed that one when setting them) 13 more days to go.

Chicknlvn . so it's my first time incubating. Today is day 7 so this morning I candled all my eggs (36 total), marked air cells and pulled blood ring/cracked eggs. Now for some reason I can't get my humidty to stabilize.... it's up to 38 and I can't get it to come down and stay down. @Chicknlvn how is it going?

billiejw89 2/25 7 babies Hatched @billiejw89 set more eggs?

kissofcrimson @kissofcrimson have you set more eggs?

Akrnaf2 aka Benny Sal. Count me in! Theis is my second setting! 4 Rumples Aracauna 5 BPR 3 PPR This time I am hopping for an higer percentage, of sucsseful hatches!

Chaos18 Nothing currently in the bator but I have 16 Dom eggs shipping out on the 29th and will be picking up 16-24 (Silver Pencil Rock and Partridge Rock) eggs on the 4th. I currently have 12 Ancona eggs cooking on day 2.

Roada Red I have 14 of my flocks eggs in the incubator today is day 8 and they are starting to form and they are mixed with my EE rooster and americauna hen that is also mixed with barred rock salmon faverole and silver penciled rock 3/1 I have 14 chicken eggs I set a few days ago if that counts also

NaJoBeLe aka Nathan As far as status goes I plan to let my shipped eggs sit and recandle tonight. Will prbly try to set them this weekend. Need to clean out the bator and do some tweaking but should have a chance to get it ready by sat/sun. Plan at this point is to set the 12 Partridge Rock eggs I had shipped and do a staggered hatch with my Partridge Rock mixes for the HAL. First time with a staggered hatch so we will see how it goes. Should work out ok since I have the loose air cells I plan to use a egg carton and will use the auto turner for my eggs. Update on the shipped eggs with loose air cells..all but 3 seem to have reattached. Still plan to do the styro cartons with bottoms cut out for incubation.

pjnbill22 We put. 9 midget white turkey eggs down this evening and hubby just went in to check the temp/humidity before going to bed. Everything looks great, but he heard a tapping sound. There are eighteen chicks in the room, but they were all sleeping. There are also 30+ assorted chicken eggs due to hatch tomorrow or Saturday in another incubator- I guess we have an EE who wants to get the worm, because one egg has a good sized pip hole in it and it keeps rocking back and forth! We're going to bed excited as if we were going to be grandparents again! I can hardly wait for morning @pjnbill22 I never added when you set or due! have an update for us?

Mirajane My Mille Fleur eggs came today from Georgia to here in California. All 12 are intact, and 3 have bad saddle cells, 2 others minor saddle cells, and they are looking great for such a long trip! My Ayam Cemani eggs I set yesterday, and 10 are in. @Mirajane can you update this with due dates?

Cynthia12 Got my Shipped eggs today..anyone else get some EE eggs from the Hutson family in Colorado? For the hatch a long? Let me know..would love to compare as we go along with the hatch. I can almost guarantee fertility on these. Had 29 hatch out of 32 that went into lock down...they sent 36.

BantyChooks Setting some bantam eggs (Some of my own, some from a local source) on 3\5. (Easter HAL) I'm really hoping I have a good outcome this time!

lindalouly quail hatch I will be setting tomorrow at 4.. 11 eggs total in my bator...2/28

Shahtir101 I got me a broody serama! She has 3 eggs under her right now and my friend is going to bring me more serama eggs to put under her tomorrow! That means I won't set for the EHAL, but will still be around the same time. Set 6 more serama eggs @shahtir101 when is this hatch due?

Finnie am running a practice batch of chicken eggs in a styrofoam cooler-bator I made over the weekend. (I didn't want to run a test hatch in the Incuview, and then have it occupied when the turkey eggs are ready.) Plus I was kind of curious to see if I could make a diy that really works, so I just did it. @Finnie what did you set and when due? have update?

lozerface79 aka Matt 13 eggs and counting. We are calibrating the bator and putting the eggs in tonight! 3/3

Changes to Antibiotics Regulations Coming December 2016 most will need RX post #53348 By Dr. Mike Apley List of Affected Applications/MEDICINES CLICK HERE

NEW INFO TO GO INTO OUR NOTES LINKS PAGE!
“The Bordeaux-Bator” Ozexpat build post #1495
Incu Warehouse heat won't go up post #46629

Results Shipped SS Way post #63575 cree post #6321

Last edited:
@lillybug1973

GEESE

clap.gif
pretty!!!

בוקר טוב בנים, כן שאלתי על הבן והצבאי שלך. כאשר הוא סיים שנת הלימודים שלך? אני עושה טוב, הייתה בעיות קרות נשימה אבל הכל נראה טוב עכשיו, תודה!

thumbsup.gif

oh dax I sure hope things start turning around for you!
hugs.gif

clap.gif

SWEET!!!!

as far as I know your outer box needs to have been damaged @Penny Hen

REMINDER THAT YOU MAY BE ENTITLED TO REIMBURSEMENT
OF DAMAGED SHIPPED EGGS

SEE LINKS FOR INFO! https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-truth-about-insuring-hatching-eggs
http://www.jordan-farm.com/blog/

wee.gif
pics or they dont exist @Bejammie

mornin MC!

@scottcaddy Good Morning!!

@Rod-T hope all is well!
Hello, Darlin'
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

How are things on the mountain this snowy morning? Started 'bout 10 PM; still snowing, but not sticking anywhere but on the grass. If we gotta get snow, that's the way to get it.
You feeling pretty decent this morning, other than not having had enough coffee yet?

Quote: Checking on the chicks in the coop brooder. Keeping Duckling from quacking her head open. She keeps waking into the counter and table!
We have less than an inch.
she keeps walking into things!! her eyes are ok? or she just sidetracked?

Quote: the lectricity is on! yeppers!! Good moring!!! snow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom