INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, everybody!!!
frow.gif

Yesterday was very rainy but a productive one. I cleaned out both brooders (always rough on the back, but it's gotta be done - I tell myself that I'm changing the babies' diapers). Then I had a friend who wanted to come over to see the chickens in the afternoon - so I frantically scurried around all morning tidying up all the chit in the yard (since I've been building so much, it's a real mess). I got pretty far along, and then she texted me and said she would wait for a drier day. I need that to happen more often - best way to clean is to have someone threaten to come over, and then later cancel.
thumbsup.gif

I made it to the winery yesterday!
celebrate.gif
Then to Tractor Supply for feed - chick days are here, of course, so I had to forcibly walk away from the adorable baby ducks. Awwwwww....
love.gif
Then, in a final burst of productiveness, I stopped at Home Depot and got the plywood I needed (cut the way I needed it cut) for these three tractor coops. I find going to get lumber/big supplies at Home Depot fairly exhausting, so that's really saying something!

It's supposed to rain all day today, so the lumber work I need to do can't get done (I don't have a garage, and work in the open in the yard - I had a canopy, but it collapsed in a storm). So I'll tidy up inside today - and cook. I'm getting 10-11 eggs a day from 11 laying pullets right now (with three more poised to start laying), so I need to begin putting my eggs up in various ways (already giving a lot away in exchange for future chicken sitting services). So.... stuff that can freeze or keep: quiche, flan, pound cake, waffles, lemon curd, blood orange curd... there's more, but that's a start. (I also have to wax the cheese and make preserved lemons.)

But right now, I think I'll sit here and design a new brooder that I can put up on a table, to save my back for the next batch of chicks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's my day!

(Hey, is someone making another pot of coffee? This one's almost out. Is it possible to make a KEG of coffee?)

- Ant Farm

Good Morning!!!!!!! whatcha got planned for this lovely day?
Well if the rain holds off today, I'm wanting to finish an outside project I've had going on (or at least work on it lol). I'm wanting to find some more cream brabanter eggs so I might try to get in touch with some breeders. Work too. Gonna be a busy day!

Morning, everybody!!!
frow.gif

Yesterday was very rainy but a productive one. I cleaned out both brooders (always rough on the back, but it's gotta be done - I tell myself that I'm changing the babies' diapers). Then I had a friend who wanted to come over to see the chickens in the afternoon - so I frantically scurried around all morning tidying up all the chit in the yard (since I've been building so much, it's a real mess). I got pretty far along, and then she texted me and said she would wait for a drier day. I need that to happen more often - best way to clean is to have someone threaten to come over, and then later cancel.
thumbsup.gif

I made it to the winery yesterday!
celebrate.gif
Then to Tractor Supply for feed - chick days are here, of course, so I had to forcibly walk away from the adorable baby ducks. Awwwwww....
love.gif
Then, in a final burst of productiveness, I stopped at Home Depot and got the plywood I needed (cut the way I needed it cut) for these three tractor coops. I find going to get lumber/big supplies at Home Depot fairly exhausting, so that's really saying something!

It's supposed to rain all day today, so the lumber work I need to do can't get done (I don't have a garage, and work in the open in the yard - I had a canopy, but it collapsed in a storm). So I'll tidy up inside today - and cook. I'm getting 10-11 eggs a day from 11 laying pullets right now (with three more poised to start laying), so I need to begin putting my eggs up in various ways (already giving a lot away in exchange for future chicken sitting services). So.... stuff that can freeze or keep: quiche, flan, pound cake, waffles, lemon curd, blood orange curd... there's more, but that's a start. (I also have to wax the cheese and make preserved lemons.)

But right now, I think I'll sit here and design a new brooder that I can put up on a table, to save my back for the next batch of chicks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's my day!

(Hey, is someone making another pot of coffee? This one's almost out. Is it possible to make a KEG of coffee?)

- Ant Farm
Sounds like a lot of fun! I think MC has an IV drip...
big_smile.png

I was surprised to just learn that Starbucks now sells beer.
That, and the keg of beans is all that I could find.
I would happily offer up my IV, but as you can see I am using it.

@Chaos18@Jessimomthanks, I did go read before I asked, but I am having trouble like Jessimom had with the chick standing on its feet for a minute and then falling over. It got the bandaid off overnight and I put a new one on. I am not home enough for a cup even if it stated in it. She seems to have learned to move with the leg out and now in repeating that way of moving falks over. She has not figured out how to move with them together. She flops over. I am getting some pedialite (SP?) tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom