INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
lau.gif

Quote:
Thank you sweets!
Ms,@Sally Sunshine are your goose eggs doing good
two are viable!

Quote:
mornin dax
Morning, everybody!!!
frow.gif

Yesterday was very rainy but a productive one. I cleaned out both brooders (always rough on the back, but it's gotta be done - I tell myself that I'm changing the babies' diapers). Then I had a friend who wanted to come over to see the chickens in the afternoon - so I frantically scurried around all morning tidying up all the chit in the yard (since I've been building so much, it's a real mess). I got pretty far along, and then she texted me and said she would wait for a drier day. I need that to happen more often - best way to clean is to have someone threaten to come over, and then later cancel.
thumbsup.gif

I made it to the winery yesterday!
celebrate.gif
Then to Tractor Supply for feed - chick days are here, of course, so I had to forcibly walk away from the adorable baby ducks. Awwwwww....
love.gif
Then, in a final burst of productiveness, I stopped at Home Depot and got the plywood I needed (cut the way I needed it cut) for these three tractor coops. I find going to get lumber/big supplies at Home Depot fairly exhausting, so that's really saying something!

It's supposed to rain all day today, so the lumber work I need to do can't get done (I don't have a garage, and work in the open in the yard - I had a canopy, but it collapsed in a storm). So I'll tidy up inside today - and cook. I'm getting 10-11 eggs a day from 11 laying pullets right now (with three more poised to start laying), so I need to begin putting my eggs up in various ways (already giving a lot away in exchange for future chicken sitting services). So.... stuff that can freeze or keep: quiche, flan, pound cake, waffles, lemon curd, blood orange curd... there's more, but that's a start. (I also have to wax the cheese and make preserved lemons.)

But right now, I think I'll sit here and design a new brooder that I can put up on a table, to save my back for the next batch of chicks.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand that's my day!

(Hey, is someone making another pot of coffee? This one's almost out. Is it possible to make a KEG of coffee?)

- Ant Farm
ha ha ha you want to pay me, I can threaten to stop in whenever you need me to!! ha ha ha

Quote: oh busy busy!!! enjoy your Friday!!! hope you get much accomplished!

Yes!!!
wee.gif

And #12 was the darkest one, so it is possible I'm wrong and that one is developing.
Hiya K!
hugs.gif

-Banti
That's good to hear. I'll candle 42 of the buggers on tuesday for the EHAL. Currently 9 of my 10 Ancona eggs are developing and I'm hoping number 10 has done something or it'll get pitched.

Morning Bubbles. So how many times have you candled since you last candled?
Obviously none since the last time, or it wouldn't be the last time if there'd been a more recent time since the previous time. That would be like finding something you'd lost in the last place you looked. Why would you keep looking if you'd already found what you were looking for?

Obviously none since the last time, or it wouldn't be the last time if there'd been a more recent time since the previous time. That would be like finding something you'd lost in the last place you looked. Why would you keep looking if you'd already found what you were looking for?

Cause maybe you're hoping to find it again?
idunno.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom